Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

Do not close. Not a dupe question , I dropped and broke my previous

Customer Question

Hi, I dropped and broke my previous Kindle and have just bought a new Kindle Paperwhite. I am charging the battery at the moment and wish to register as an existing customer. I have just changed my password (which I forgot) but I am also asked for some
sort of registration ID which I have also forgotten. Can you tell me what my registration ID is? If I register on the new kindle as an existing customer will all the existing books on the old kindle be available on it? My e-mail address (*****@******.***)
and banking details have not changed.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Only you will know your registration ID. Registration ID is your username, i.e your email address. Have you tried that ?
Yes, If you register it with your existing Amazon account then you can redownload all your books to your new Kindle.
Try that. If you are unable to register it, then reset the password ***** here --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/account/forgot-password/email.html
When you reset from the above link, Amazon will send you the reset instructions to your email. Open the link from the email and you can set new password.
After that, goto this website and login --> https://www.amazon.in/mycd
If you are able to login, then register your Kindle with that info. DO NOT create new Amazon account.
If you are still unable to login, then you have to contact the Amazon Customer Support to recover your account. You can contact them from here --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/account-issues/ref=ap_cs_forgot_pwd?ie=UTF8
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ashik,Thanks for the speedy response. I received help from the Kindle Support site and am now up and running.Regards,Maureen
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I'm very glad to hear that Maureen.
If you are unable to download any books, then you can goto this website and manually download or deliver them to your Kindle--> www.amazon.com/mycd
You can manage your devices from the above site. So add a bookmark of that site.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please do not hesitate to ask.
If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me positively as Good or Excellent Service.
Have a great day,