Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

I have a samsung android tablet - it won't turn on. Is there

Customer Question

I have a samsung android tablet - it won't turn on. Is there something I can do?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Yes, there are few things that you can do. You can make sure that it's charging by charging it overnight and I'm sure you've already done that. The other thing you can do is press and hold the power button along with the volume down button until you see it start to start up. If it still doesn't start up under those circumstances and it can take several seconds, then it sounds like your battery is gone flat and there is something you can do to try to fix that. Do you know if it was just left discharging for a longer period of time than usual? Because that is usually when this happens. What happens is the voltage in the battery becomes too low for it to charge on a smart battery charger because the charger cannot read the parameters of the battery. However you can usually overcome that by attaching the tablet to a computer USB port overnight. A computer USB port sends out 500 mA of power which is very little but it does so without checking the device on the other and to see if it will accept the charge. So by doing this you can trickle enough charge into it usually in order to be able to at least started charging. So that's what I would suggest doing first if that doesn't work, then it means you'll be in need of a new battery and I can try to tell you what to do it to get that if it comes down to that.