Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

Got a samsung galaxy s8.4. screen is froze. will not respond

Customer Question

got a samsung galaxy s8.4.
screen is froze. will not respond to any commands.
will not shut off, will not reset. idk what to do
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. I'm assuming this is the tab S 8 .4? If so, you should be able to shut it down by holding in the power button until it completely shuts off. Then, if you need to get into recovery you can press and hold the power volume or up or down key while you are turning it on. One of these will bring it into recovery where you can clear data. The other one would bring it into fast boot mode where you would flash ROMs but that would be a last resorT. The last option is that you could download the Samsung software called Kies. You can download the software it from their site and in cases where nothing else works this can work because there's an option in it to reinitialize the device and rewrite the stock firmware to it. That's another backup option that you can use it takes little while to get the software installed that's why I say I would use this as a secondary option.