Engineer John C., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer
23822421

I reset my kobo Vox as requested and have now lost ALL my books!!

Customer Question

I reset my kobo Vox as requested and have now lost ALL my books!! I went into The Good Guys, where I originally bought it, and they could not rectify the problem but suggested I go to your web site. I have now done that and followed all the instructions but where your info says 'click undelete' there is NO 'undelete' to click so I am now back to square 1 Where do I go from here as there are over 30 books I have lost and I am not impressed!!
Hope this can be fixed soon
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.
You need to update your eReader's library. You don't need to click Undelete as you have not deleted books, you just restored the Kobo, now you have to sync it again with your account. In order to do that please follow the steps below: (but first make sure you have signed up using the same account you used when you bought the books)
Tap the Sync icon on your Home screen to update your eReader's library, and add books that you've purchased.
Syncing lets you update your eReader with your latest books, bookmarks, annotations, previews, and recommendations. For example, after you've purchased a book from kobo.com, you'll need to sync your eReader to read your newly purchased book.
Go to your Home screen.
Tap Sync.
If you're within range of a known network, your eReader automatically joins that network and will begin syncing.
If you aren't within range of a known network, your eReader will begin the Adding a Network process.
=====
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.
Please read below also:
Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.
If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.
Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!