Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

I just replaced my severely cracked touch screen and LCD

Customer Question

HI I just replaced my severely cracked touch screen and LCD display panel, an the phone's picture is like new but when I try to utilize the touch screen it will not respond what do I need to do to fix this
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Did you replace the screen yourself? Replacing a screen can be a very delicate task. You basically have three pieces you have the glass lens on the top and the LCD display on the bottom and a thin digitizer layer in between. This digitizer is the most delicate. If you bought the LCD and digitizer together, then you should only have to plug them in to the phone when you install the screen in order for it to work properly. If you bought them separately, it's a much more involved task. If you had someone else install it, then the only thing you could do is bring it back to them to have them the bot***** *****ne is that the digitizer is not installed correctly. And you can have a perfect looking image on the screen without even having a digitizer which is what detects your touches. So the clarity of the screen is not an indication of whether or not the digitizer is working. If you are receiving no response to touches, then the digitizer is not working at all. Please let me know if you still have questions. Mike