Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Technician
Experience:  IT Technician at Tech Amelia
78724427

Recently my Nook started flickering when I played Words With

Customer Question

Recently my Nook started flickering when I played Words With Friends. Then yesterday the screen got quite a bit darker even though I had it set at the highest brightness. I let I completely shut down today and then recharged it and the screen is still a lot darker then it should be. Any solution to the problem. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you. Deborah
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Chris Lindsey replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to personally welcome you to JustAnswer.
We first need to see if your problem is software or hard ware related.
Please tell me, have you done a Factory Reset on your Nook since this issue happened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It started when I was playing Words. When I would use a blank tile the screen would go dim. Then yesterday it got dim and will not brighten up at all.
First we want to reboot the tablet.
Hold down the power button for 5 seconds, release, turn tablet back on.
If that does not work, turn the Nook off.
Hold the Power button and Home (n) buttons and the Nook will turn on. Continue to hold both buttons until the Nook shuts off again (15-20 seconds).
Turn the Nook on like normal. It will prompt for a factory reset. Press the Home button twice to confirm.
*Please Choose A Star Rating (or Smiley Face) On This Page Then Click Submit To Rate Your Professional Who Helped You.
Ratings Are Their Personal Background and Positive Ratings Help Their Score. JustAnswer Is Always Here To Answer Your Questions.
Chris