Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Have downloaded software onto my S5 mini smartphone but click

Customer Question

have downloaded software onto my S5 mini smartphone but click on it and message says cannot open, can you help, robin
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What to do, depends upon what you downloaded, and where you downloaded it from.

If it is 'X' software, then I advise you to get it from 'X's website. That is to say, don't download software from a third-party, unless it is a highly reputable third-party, such as cnet.download.com, or Google Play, etc.

Also try downloading again... it might perhaps have gotten corrupted, if the problem is only one downloaded file that won't open.

(What does the error message say in full?)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I used `Google to find the 2 programs ,1 was called `SUPERANTISPYWARE` and the other was called `Advancedsystemscare ,when tried to open the message said, `cant open`. robin

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Did SuperAntiSpyware actually open / run ?

The other one... could be bogus, simply. Neither one is a great name, and both might be so poorly written that they cannot run.