Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

I'm trying to print from a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, running Android

Customer Question

I'm trying to print from a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, running Android 4.2.2. I've downloaded Google Cloud Print onto the Samsung, and from my regular laptop, setup a couple of local printers so they can be seen from the cloud. However, the Tab 4 does not show any indication that it can print. The Google Cloud print is installed, but I can't open it.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.
Once you install Google cloud print on your device you won't necessarily see it has an app with printers in it or anything like that. But when you will see it is if you are in another app and you go to the print option of that app like a browser. Then you should have the option to select Google cloud print and the printers set up underneath it.
Note that in order to use a printer it must be connected to your home computer and the computer must beyond as was a printer and it has to be set up in Google cloud print as one of your Google cloud printers. As long as those things are in place and you have the Google cloud print client installed on your device then you should have the option to print to those printers when you are print. Do not have those options after doing those things, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike! I'm sorry I didn't make things clear in my initial question. I've done all the setup. I can see Google Cloud print as an option on the computer I did the setup of the printers on. I've downloaded the app to the Android Tablet, and it's logged into an account that I've given access to the printers to. However, I don't get Cloud print as an option in Chrome or in Google Docs on the tablet. I've restarted the tablet multiple times.
Thank you for the additional information. If you have cloud print set up then you may have to still at the printers on the mobile device if they are not appearing to do that, go to chrome and then print and where it says save to Google drive cloud print and then click the plus sign to add a printer.
Make sure that your home computer that you have the printers set up on is turned on and logged into Google.