Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I can't send text messages from galaxy s5. Worked fine last

Customer Question

I can't send text messages from galaxy s5. Worked fine last night but not today
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think that you ought to check two things first:
1. whether you still have (in Settings, Networks more or less) G3 or G4 enabled, and WiFi disabled*, and also have Airplane Mode disabled or turned Off.
(* or if you are trying to send texting through local WiFi, you should check that G3/G4 is disabled, and WiFi enabled or turned On.)
2. contact your G3/G4 networking service provider, and ask about the status of your account with regard to text messaging or SMS messaging.
Sometimes text messaging has a quota, and after that quota of messaging has been used, per month or per quarter, you get the messaging capability of your service provider, shut Off... until further/extra payment, perhaps. That's why it is advisable to contact your service provider, about the status of your plan.