Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I recently bought a second hand asus padphone x that worked

Customer Question

Hi. I recently bought a second hand asus padphone x that worked great for the first week. The phone began getting stuck on the Asus start page so i resorted to trying to reset it by putting a pin in both the upper and lower pin holes on the phone. I got it unstuck but now the touch pad doesnt work right. I can get all or most buttons to work but the back button. I did a hard reset as nd a soft reset then i tried a failed attempt at another hard reset. I believe its still under warranty. Did i ruin the phone? Can you help me fix it???
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
You did not ruin the phone by resetting it. It will be the digitizer that is failing on the buttons and not working correctly with the firmware. A reset can correct this, but the back button is suffering a hardware issue.
Normally if the warranty had expired I would advise on purchasing and replacing the digitizer but as it is under warranty you do not want to do this as it would void it. It is a hardware issue and you will need to return the Asus so it can be replaced under warranty. This will be done at no cost to you.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you