Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

I have an Android LG Smartphone. The default buttons do not

Customer Question

I have an Android LG Smartphone. The default buttons do not activate. A voice speaks when a hone or menu button is pushed only to explain what the button is. Can You Help?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. These options that you describe are part of the accessibility options on the phone. There is an option in accessibility that is called talkback. There may be some others specific to the LG phone but most android phones to have this in common. If you go to your settings menu and then locate the accessibility menu – it is sometimes under the display menu but most of the time it is in its own area near the bottom of the settings. Under accessibility settings just turn off the accessibility settings that are chosen in fact you probably don't want any of them enable. So just disable whatever is under accessibility. If you don't see exactly what you need there, just let me know what you are saying and I will help you through it from there. Mike