Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

Cannot install new version of iTunes -... Cannot install new

Customer Question

Cannot install new version of iTunes -... Cannot install new version of iTunes - stops andays cannot find location of file 'itunes64.msi' computer is a PC windows 7 OS
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. This is a fairly common problem when upgrading iTunes on a Windows 7 computer. You can get a little messy and the best course of action to take is to do a complete uninstall of iTunes, reboot your computer, and then do a fresh install of the new version of iTunes and reboot afterwards. This usually works but if it doesn't, you should end up with a different error message that is a little bit more descriptive. If you do, let me know what that message is and we can go from there. Hopefully, it will work after the reinstallation but in case it doesn't help you until it's resolved. Mike