Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

Dropped my LG G2 phone, screen smashed, can't turn it on at

Customer Question

Dropped my LG G2 phone, screen smashed, can't turn it on at all. How can I get my info from the phone?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. If your phone is turning on but the screen is just not coming on, you may be able to get your data from it by connecting it by USB cable to your computer. In order for this to work so, it would have to be turning on. If you believe the phone is locked then what you can do is go to your Google android device manager on the web and LG device and see if you have the option to unlock it from there. However, if you do not have the android device manager enabled on your phone, then you will have to have the screen replaced if you are to access the phone. Keep in mind, however that if you were to replace the phone and you login with the same email address that you used for this phone, there is very little if any data that will be lost. Your apps will resynchronize, your contacts, your email, anything that is synchronized to an online account will resynchronize when you set up a phone even if it's a different one. So it's important to consider what data you will actually lose if you don't regain access to the phone before spending too much money on it. Please a me know if you still have questions. Mike