Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

My samsung s4 thinks my headphones are always connected

Customer Question

hi my samsung s4 thinks my headphones are always connected and I can't talk without speaker or headphones plugged in. What can I do? Already restarted a few times and took the battery out but no help
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. The only remaining thing you can try through the software is doing a complete reset of the phone. This will reset all configuration settings but it will also wipe your phone. However, everything that was synchronized before will be resynchronized again including apps. If you want to go this route, it will determine whether or not it is a software problem for sure. Just go to the settings and then in backup and reset do a full reset factory wipe. It may take quite some time to do it so just let it work until it's finished. When it's finished it will go through the set up as though the phone just came out of the box. Go through the set up with the same account information that you used previously and everything will synchronize. If you have data to restore do not do that at this point. Wait until you can determine whether or not the problem is with the software or the hardware. If this does not correct the problem that means that there is something wrong with the physical plug for the headset.