Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a Samsung galaxy tablet sm-t110 and I want to move

Customer Question

Hi I have a Samsung galaxy tablet sm-t110 and I want to move the google play movies I have downloaded to the sd card so I can download more can this be done?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Sorry, but you cannot do what you are asking to do. The Google Play Movies app, for reasons of DRM (Piracy protection), will not allow you to do anything with the movies you buy or rent other than "pin" then for offline viewing. They cannot be moved from the location the app places them.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is there any other apps that will allow me to download movies to a sd card then?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Where would you donwload them from?
If you have them on your computer already as a MP4 or AVI file then you can copy that to the Tablet, but from Google Play you cannot sorry.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
And its the only movie service available for now on the device apart from Netflix but this streams the movies, not downloads.