Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

I've been hacked help me get my account [email protected]

Customer Question

I've been hacked help me get my account back
*****@******.***
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So it's been an hour or more, is there any chance you will be able to do anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may have been in a hurry it's *****@******.***
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. I cannot see your account is blocked for privacy reasons but that's okay. I can't directly do anything to your account and neither can anybody else. Your account is only serviceable by you. So assuming this is a Gmail account, if you are unable to get into it, all you have to do is go to the Gmail.com home page and select the option that says forgot password. Then step through the prompts as it asks you a few questions and it will then allow you to reset the password. When you reset the password, just set it to something different from what you had before and it will be secure. You will then need to use that password ***** any devices that use your Gmail account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wrong, Someone found out my phone number and changed the password ***** the phone number that receives text responses. and then changed my secondary email. successfully converting it to theirs.UNACCEPTABLE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YOU CAN'T HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEM AND IT TOOK YOU 5 HOURS TO FIGURE IT OUT. I'm disappointed in you people
That is impossible for them to do without typing in your original password.
What happens when you try to log into your Gmail account on the web?
I am currently going through the recovery for you. What is the last password ***** remember using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
[email protected]
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And I was using it when I got knocked off
Do you have access to a computer that you've used before to logon to that account?
The reason I'm asking is that if you go through this recovery process that I'm going through right now you have a better chance of succeeding if you do it from a computer that you've used to login to your Gmail account
And I can tell you how to do it
This is the link: https://accounts.google.com/VerifyOldPassword?cpr=AHwGkRkGoHdAATk1psAoVeQ4s4c2DVMd9FadU1KcYXff3iva4wdNOxvbmIvjNTFccR5PAuh845sWN0H_Bctg5o_iMiYL6hIsLdPDY4QkQ82Am4cEW_4RiUPsKlXF10uRVsx2Q7UOHKP_U3VZhL_J5VRANzDjQZUFazT2Aa3G42H-NjAH_jJelFKciYbtOeJIOvAOyFVIjP9GbanVh9cA8LqO4Gcq7nfCy1pfo_Li2UYv6eW_A1BKjwM6b55HeEZXFksXDLbOMp0YSwGFOSjE0MhsDJ9b-sonh7Ak96VVhszmLkR3yOHNxdm1GbU6Ra6Myy9ua3tzlga12xpU3ijKCfpwkRpvBQWofLDt10R-abEa4yKJWCRUiUboD90PKF7Mr_SPKFVf2Hi7CAe0UmBCxuKEp6OJWmZ1jM_owtkDsNlokaTlKMSBWhf6SAn6i4cyCcZGJCbBQNGw7D57EPZHQJ7UqRRreRwTQUsEX-zvtK4x8EUuID8EE_rTZjdilqROpUYmmmQ6N416h-b3l_h53HKHKpCjbaFhxBorF0FQekNDm4d3L2f45uRsnZ11tSbY-O5j4fEFP2qDR7qiN_YGYwYFjmaBpCN9XdDfispC33GAR91cFm-68D9r0poDoG2AIIs_oTxJo0qMJ37NX8gSliAqZqIUxpih4X-v1-8dTjc_CWIvWb-OZVSRrkLwhzQHPlR40jOnZtgeNeAJDNfubKTGGdusmiFqCi00UmY1ukcKdaLv7ycZ-PE-Y-QgRHSVFUmgQqOe2DhjsIkKBJhYtv3mLC2MwKTl2iXdc2Zn1fkKCw5buH7mB7U39aGYAKkOZhCc97lTjCZCM1qAaT1fGfbkrhBbVXToaRqDF_UsX28RR99CWApY08EzZv1rwE8CGNueJfujTHETGNvCLR2X5tgrEs-IOpUrp_rDTsZgw3qDj_g_rZhETtk4bykR2VvLwV-LlBTRAzm6&hl=en
You should see this screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was communicating with *****@******.*** and she asked for my phone #, shortly after I did it knocked me offline and I went to settings and my security settings had changed and the phon# ***** diffwewnt last few digts and secondary email was different also
Did you go to the link I sent to you?
When you enter an email address I can't see it because it's block for privacy. So I can't see who you're saying you are communicating with. But whoever it is should not have been asking for a phone number. Even so, the method that I'm giving you will provide you the best chance of recovering it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, I did all this and the link comes up as invalid
OK, then start at this link pleasehttps://accounts.google.com/RecoverAccount?fpOnly=1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
google will not allow me to even enter the gmail account since I made a new one to try to import all of my things
And answer the questions as follows:Please select your issue:I know my username and password, but I can't sign in What sort of issue are you having?I'm getting an error message.​ Please select the error message you're seeing:'The username or password ***** entered is incorrect.'
You can't do that. So when you get to the login, select "log in as a different user' under the login box
Then go to this link : https://accounts.google.com/RecoverAccount?fpOnly=1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The URL you tried to use is either incorrect or no longer vali
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This what I get every time
going to this link?: https://accounts.google.com/RecoverAccount?fpOnly=1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done it 5-6 times
On this link? https://accounts.google.com/RecoverAccount?fpOnly=1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
same thing invalid, then I copy and paste and it's still invalid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is there to do?
That really is odd and doesn't make much sense. What happens if you just type in accounts.Google.com?
What I'm going to do is continue the recovery on my end. What is a different email that Google can use to contact you? You'll have to put it in here with spaces otherwise the system will block it. Like ABC at gmail.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
webpage not available
This would indicate that you may have a problem in addition to a Gmail problem. Like malware on your computer. What I would suggest doing next is running a scan with some free software called Malwarebytes. The site you can download it from his Malwarebytes.org
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gnusa J at G dot --m
You catch on fast. One sec.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a malicious software removal tool from Msoft that I'm currently running a full
When is the last day you signed on? Was that today? Also, approximately when did you create it?
Yes definitely I would suggest doing that because if you cannot get to that URL, that indicates another problem that probably even more pressing than this. I would stay on top of that until you can successfully navigate to that webpage and any webpage. But I'm still going to finish up this recovery request for Google for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes this morning, and 10yrs ago, gmail right?
Wow.... yes... has to be something like that. OK... one sec.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 infected files with less than 10% scanned
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My screen keeps jumping or flickering, is that you? It's not normal
Almost exactly. April 1, 2004. It was invitation only for a while... so probably right around 10 years.
No... not me. I don't have access to your computer.
Wow... how invasive. It wants frequently emailed contacts - up to 5
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so, it'might be searching for something right now
Do you want me to hold off on the recovery process so you can go through it if your computer connects after the scan?
This is actually a good sign – it's giving you the full recovery treatment. Meaning that Google will actually have someone work on it manually if they have to. Most users do not get all of these questions but if you are one of the users that does there's a good chance that will be able to recover the account. I don't know how they determine that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know, I've lost the account, you think the links might work if I quarantine the malicious software?
Well, as long as you can connect to this recovery page that I'm working through now I think you have a really good chance of recovering your account. It's getting the opportunity to enter these finer details which means it's going to be reviewed by a human which is pretty rare by Google's standards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This scan looks like a 2 hour scan
Well, you'll still have access to this page so what I would do is let that finish and then see if you can connect to the accounts.Google.com page. If you can then go to the recovery link that I gave you and take the time to fill out the things like your most frequently emailed contacts and things like that because this is going to be reviewed by an engineer with Google who will use that information to determine whether or not they recover your account. So you want to have as much of it correct as you can.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You're the expert, what do you think? I'm game to try anything and if you want I will give you the land line if necessary
In the meantime I'm not going to continue on your behalf on the recovery page because it is better if you do it from your home IP address since you've logged in from there before. I can always do it again from here if necessary but I'd like to see you be able to get connected properly first anyway.
One thing I'm careful to avoid is entering incorrect information from my IP address because if I make it look like I'm hacking into your account will make it that much more difficult for you to recover it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
try the links after the scan ?
Yes. You may have to reboot after the scan in fact you'll almost definitely have to reboot after the scan. Then try the recovery link again. I can't stress enough how important it is to take the time to try to get that information correct. It will ask you for things like folders that you had set up and a few other things that will identify you as the owner despite the fact that your phone number and email and things like that do not match what you want them more need them to be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You said Google was looking into it, they can call if they need anything else, you can as well No issue with the landline right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it, thanks, ***** ***** for the extra time.
They are looking into it yet because I haven't finished going through those recovery questions that's what you are going to do when you are able to link to the page. And it will ask you for your landline number once you get through these questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then I guess it's time for you to get paid, right?
Oh it's definitely no problem, I want to help you get straightened out because I know this is a real pain in the rear end. I know you waited quite a long time. Then once that happens just come back here and let me know and if you still need my help I'll be happy to continue helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you
One sec, let me add more time first so you can reply to me.
There you go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Awesome, but after 20 minutes of scan, still only the three in-files
It only takes one. I would also do a second scan when that one is done. malwarebytes.org... and then run the free download, but when it says "activate free TRIAL" say NO. Then it will install the completely free version which is all you need. You don't need something else running in the background, just need it to do a scan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it, are you gone now? It looks like it's a third done 24 min
I will be gone for a little while, but I will be back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
During the scan it said 11 infected files and when finished it said none
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1615 detected on malwarebytes
Ok.... that explains the problem. I would remove those and then run it again until you get to 0