Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist

I have a samsung 2 galaxy. I have sound, but no picture!

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me, are you referring to the phone or the Tablet?

Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

i am referring to the phone.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thank you

First, can you remove the battery from the phone and wait 3 minutes.

While waiting, hold the power button down for 30 seconds, then release.

Then put the battery back in, turn on the phone and tell me if the screen is now working please.

Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

i did what you said, there is no image, only sound!

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Ok, remove the battery from the phone.

Put it back in

Hold the Volume Down button

Briefly Press and release the Power button

Do you then see a menu?

Please let me know

Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

No, Richard. I don't!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

No Richard, I don't!

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thanks

It is the Backlight that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to restart it. The fact that the screen does not turn on at the recovery menu (Which I just had you enter) confirms this.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It is a known problem, and is covered by the warranty, with the replacement performed at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Android Specialist
Experience: Android Systems Specialist