Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist

my galaxy tab 10.1 wont connect to my home wi-fi either. I

my galaxy tab 10.1 wont connect to my home wi-fi either. I turn on the wifisetting, it searches for my home wifi or any network and shuts itself off. I did a factory restore and it doesn't help.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

When you say it shuts itself off, you mean the wifi goes from on to off?

Or the Tablet shorts out and switches itself off completely?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just the wifi tab moves from on to off, the tab stay on.

Thanks John.

Ill be honest with you. I could take your time by running through a list of options we have, but you jumped all that by going to the Factory Reset.

Just one question, when you did the reset, did it complete correctly and return the Tab to new?

Meaning you had to set it up again like when you first purchased it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks John

As I said, I am not going to take up your time, I do this for so long, and especially with the Tab, and in your situation, it is the internal antenna that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out as you have reinstalled this. Sometimes the firmware gets corrupt, and it cannot communicate with the Antenna, so constantly thinks it is off. Restoring the main system process fixes this, but so does a Factory Reset, which you already did.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Tab to have it replaced. It is a known problem, and is covered by the warranty, with the replacement performed at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you