Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My Kindlefire has changed into my kids kindle and now I cannot

My Kindlefire has changed into my kids kindle and now I cannot get back to my kindle homepage. It keeps asking for a parental password XXXXX I do not think that I ever set parental controls. I do not have a parental password XXXXX need it to get out of this deadend. this happened suddenly when I was using the Kindlefire, so I know that it it not something the kids did.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

I want to first do a restart please.

Can you hold the power to off for 30 seconds, then release.

Then turn on the Kindle and tell me if it is now operating correctly please.

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

no, it still does not change

ok, then it looks like the Kindle is registered to the wrong account.

I want you to register it to your account please. To do this, do the following.

Make sure your Kindle Fire is connected to the internet via Wi-Fi. Tap the ‘Quick Settings’ icon.

Select the ‘More’ icon.

Select ‘My Account’.

Hit the ‘Register’ button and enter your Amazon email address and password. If you don’t have an Amazon account you can create one from
the device or from your computer.

Hit the ‘Register’ button to complete the process.

Let me know if it now operates correctly please.

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did re-register and retrieved my books from cloud. However, I could not carry out your instructions because I was trapped in a parental control page that required a password. I never activated parental control and, hence, did not have a password. I kept putting in every possible password I have ever used to no avail. Eventually a pop up asked if I was trying to do something. Then it led me to the correct page to reregister. Thank you for your advice, Richard, but I think you assumed that I could reach certain toolbars and I could not. All is good now.