James , Sr. Android Expert
Experience:  Vast experience supporting and servicing Android smartphones and tablets.
24111805

my samsung galaxy S4 has continually got the "headphones connecte

Customer Question

my samsung galaxy S4 has continually got the "headphones connected" symbol showing in the notifications bar, which in turn means i cant hear any ring tone or anyone talking on the other end when the call has been answered. i have checked that there isnt enything stuck in the headphone jack and it appears to be clear. What else should i look at?? Settings?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.

This is not a settings issue. The contacts inside the headphone jack are shorted out, which tells the phones a set of headphones is connected.
This can happen due to a tiny drop of water, humitity, a sliver of aluminum foil, etc.

The easiest way to clear and fix this issue is to blast a bit of air from a compressed air can into the headphone jack. You can get compressed air cans for a few bucks at any local office supplies store, Fry's, Office Depot, etc.
Just a short blast or two will clear the problem.

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,

James.