Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

I have a galaxy s4 but and I doesnt want to take a sim c

I have a galaxy s4 but and I doesn't want to take a sim card
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 12 months ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

Just to confirm that I understand your question. Your phone will not recognize any SIM card you inserted into the phone?

Where and when did you purchase your phone? Was it said UNLOCKED?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

No it was not locked,when I tried to put my sim card I pulled up something that was inside it was a small trey and it couldn't go back.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

My boyfriend is working in the ship so he bought it for me in America.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 12 months ago.
Thanks for your reply.

Please see the photo.

graphic

Did you have the same as the picture shown?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

yes

Expert:  Nick H. replied 12 months ago.
Thanks.

And you insert your SIM card into the phone and turn on. It says NO SIM Card?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

There was a sim adapter inside and I took it out.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 12 months ago.
Babalwa,

Was there anything inside the SIM slot?

Or did you remove the SIM slot with the 3 copper wires?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I only removed the adapter that was inside not the sim slot

Expert:  Nick H. replied 12 months ago.
Thanks.

What do you mean by adapter? Is it a card? or the SIM holder?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

There was a micro sim adapter inside it.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Yes a sim holder.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 12 months ago.
Thanks.

You got me scared as I though you removed the SIM reader slot out.

OK now. Your phone is from America. Most likely it is LOCKED to AT&T, Tmobile, Sprint, or another phone provider.

You have tried 2-3 SIM card and it does not recognized? Are your SIM card working with other phone?

If yes, that means the phone is LOCKED to the phone provider in America. What you have to do now is to bring your phone to a local phone store and have it UNLOCKED. Usually this will cost you about $20-$40 depends on your local rates.

After UNLOCKED, your phone will recognize and use ANY SIM card you use with it. Make sure the SIM cards are activated and ready to use.

Please reply back if you have any questions or concerns. Otherwise, please rate my answer so I can get credit. Thank you!

Nick
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I went to the phone store and they told me that the wire is broken, so now I would like to know how and where to fix that?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 12 months ago.
Wire is broken. Did they say that the SIM card's copper wire is broken? Or which wire?

One thing is, your phone is from America, I can give you the phone number to send it in for repairs. However, it will take time because of the distance.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Yes the sim card's copper wire.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 12 months ago.
Thanks for your info and reply.

You have 2 option:

1st option is to contact Samsung US Support at 1-888-987-4357. They will arrange to get your phone sent in for repairs. Either they can get it fixed for NO COST as your phone is new. Or they will take your credit card info for the replacement. You are looking at $80-$100 if they charge.

2nd option is to go to a local phone repair shop. They will be able to order the part and replace that SIM reader on your phone. This will cost roughly $70-$100.

I would recommend you to call Samsung first. See if they can get your phone sent in for repairs. This will still ensure your phone is under warranty for a year and done professionally. Also, they could fix it for FREE.

Please reply back if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!

Nick
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience: Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop