Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist

Trying to call a land line about 60 miles away on Galaxy S3

Trying to call a land line about 60 miles away on Galaxy S3 Model SCH-1535.
after about 15 minutes of talking I hear a small signal (beep) and although it says connected it drops the connection. Also battery gets very hot. It doesn't seem to happen with any other calls outside my area. I have tried it all times of the day or night, makes no difference. If I call right back it looses connection almost immediately without a signal
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Is this the only issue with the phone? Are there any errors appearing?

And when the battery gets hot, does it get to the point you cannot touch it?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

only issue. I am able to call my son in Alaska on his cell and it doesn't drop the call, but I usually don't talk that long.

the battery has a hard case around the back but last night I took it off and tried to call the problem number Within 13 minutes it was getting hot, and dropped the call. If I had been able to continue, It would have been too hot to touch

Thanks Diane.

Can you go to Settings, Applications.

Look under ALL for Google Services Framework.

Press it and press clear data.

Once done, remove the battery from the phone and wait 5 minutes.

Put it back in, and make the call and tell me if you still have the problem please.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not have Applications under Settings. I have an Application manager, but don't find a Google Services Framework under that. I have google Gmail, Play books, magazines, movies & tv, music & play services, play store, search & voice

ok, it is in Applications Manager Diane.

you need to look under the list ALL

You may need to swipe to the right to see this, but it is there.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. I found the framework, cleared the data, pulled the battery, waited and turned phone back on. Google wants location services. should I agree?

Yes, this is ok, agree to this.

Then test and Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. I called the number and we talked for 15 minutes. Connection seemed to be fine. Only problem is I am not at my usual location at home right now so I can't say for sure if problem is solved. I will have to wait until this evening to call again.

Could you please explain in simple terms why this happened and what doing what I did fixed it?

Ok, the main process that runs the entire phone is the Google Services Framework.

It controls everything from the call, connection, to controlling the power on the battery.

this at times can become corrupted, through no fault of your own ( a bug within the Android system).

When we cleared it, it rebuild the process again, removing the corruption.

It will be ok now, but in the event it fails, I have marked this question to never close, so you can return at anytime and let me know.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard I'm so disappointed that did not work. When I got home yesterday evening I tried calling the number. We talked for 8 min, 16 sec. then she started breaking up where I couldn't hear the full sentence, then I hear a little signal and we lost connection again. She doesn't hear anything on her end.

Anything else we can try?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
did not solve the problem at a different location
Hi Diane,

My apologies for the delay in responding, I was not online yesterday.

I want to reset the phone.

First, is there any data you need to backup from the phone?