Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Hi. My phone is locked because the wrong pattern code was inserted

Hi. My phone is locked because the wrong pattern code was inserted various amounts. And for me to unlock my phone is to sign into my google account. But the thing is my wifi is not on therefore I cannot access Internet to sig in. How so I access Internet when my phone is locked?
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the make and model of the phone please?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Samsung galaxy note GT-N7000. I think that's the one but it's the first edition of the Samsun galaxy note phones. Please help me.
Thanks Vikki,

The only way to remove the password XXXXX XXXXX reset the device, there is no other way as it has no internet connection, and there is no way to enable this while it is locked.

This reset is going to delete all your data and return it to new like when you first purchased it.

There is no way to avoid this. I guarantee this. If there was I would know after dealing with phones for over 15 years, and I would much prefer giving that method to my customers and avoiding a bad rating.

I advise though to check via your computer on www.gmail.com

Log in with the same account you used on your phone, and check if you have your contacts backed up (click Gmail in the top left then Contacts).

For your files, I advise to install Dropbox via the Google Play Store after resetting the Phone. It is a free app, and you can back up your files online (including photos), to avoid this problem ever occurring again.

I know this is not exactly what you want to hear, but please consider when rating my service, I can only give you the correct answer. There is no way to remove the password XXXXX resetting the device. If you ever wish to use the phone again, you need to do this sorry.

To reset the device please follow the below procedure

Remove the battery from the phone and put it back in so it is completly off.

Then Press and hold volume up key+home button+power button

You then get to the recovery menu. Select wipe data factory reset with Volume button. Press power to confirm. Once done, the phone is returned to new, with the lock removed.

Again, I know you said you do not wish to lose your data, and I can emphasis with this, but you must do the reset to remove the lock.

I also advise you to take up my advise on installing Dropbox when you ave your phone resetted, to avoid ever losing your files again (also in the event you lose your phone)

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi do I hold onto the volume up key +home key+power key altogether and let go. Because no menu is poppin up.
Correct, but it can be tricky and take a few attempts.

You can also attempt this while it is on.

Check this video as it will show you how it is done

Click Me To View

Let me know if you have any difficulties please