Cris
Cris, Technician
Experience:  3yrs. experience with Android phone and tablets.
10156100

Kindle instructions on how to mnouver through books. When

Kindle instructions on how to mnouver through books. When th Kindle is turned off and I wish to return to a book I am reading Kindle brings back the page on which I first turned it off, even though I am now reading Chapter 17 (for instance). How can I jump from chapter to chapter? I have to turn each page at a time to get back to where I left off reading. The small booklet does'nt answer this sort of question. On looking up the instructions I found it to be very wordy and I need to have a hard copy to be able to refer back and forth. Can I print the instructions out. Can you send me the instructions by return? My email address isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
This Kindle was given to me by my sister who purchased another to use on her new ipad.
Manythanks for your help.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

Can you tell me which Kindle model you have? Kindle Fire, Touch, Paperwhite, Keyboard?

I can then send you a link where you can download the user guide in PDF format. Then print out what you need.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to keep you waiting Cris - This belonged to my sisteer who kindly gave it to me. I don't know the model except that on the box it says 2010 hope that gives you a lead. In the meantime I'll look for the small booklet it came with. Got it - the geting started page says it's a Kindle DX - hope that helps. Joan

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
On your Kindle you can press the Menu button and and drop menu will appear. From there you can select "Go to Location". Then choose where in the book you wish to go to.

Kindle's do not need to be shut off once the screen turns off it goes to sleep and consumes very little power on the device.

Many of the Kindle functions can also be found from the help link provided below.

Click here>>>http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200375800

If you have any further questions please reply back to me BEFORE selecting any negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.
Cris, Technician
Experience: 3yrs. experience with Android phone and tablets.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Very happy with your reply Cris - thank you. I'm an absolute novice at this and hope to become better at getting around the Kindle. I've just noticed on the leaflet they send with this that the Kindle Users Guide is also available on line from Amazon. Really dislike this getting old bit - I find the booklet hard to read. I have not as yet registered with Amazon to purchase books because I wanted to read a couple my sister had selected - I hope I'm NOT doing the wrong thing here. She changed her account to her new Kindle.

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome, glad I can assist.

That is correct when you give someone a Kindle it is best to de-register from the persons account. Then register to yours, if you leave it registered to someone else's account you will have their info and books.

Once you de-register it will remove the books from the Kindle because the books below to that account. So once you choose to do so the books will remove. Some books have a lending feature which you can ask your sister to see if she can lend to you through amazon by you providing her your email associated with your Amazon account. You can then have access to the book for 14 days. This feature does not work with every book.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Cris, Technician