Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I live in Spain but my payment account is in England and my

I live in Spain but my payment account is in England and my set up is in English but why when I try to download do I get a message I must use Google .es to use my Kindle HD?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

To clarify, you payment account you are referring to is your Amaxon account correct?

And when you try to download you mean download an app from the Amazon App store?

Or from another location?

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Basically to download books to my Kindle HD

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, and these books you are downloading from the Kindle Store?

The reason I ask is that you said you get the message "I must use Google .es" and it would not normally give this error.

Is the the exact error you get?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes that is the message must use Google.es but I want to buy English books not Spanish

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, you missed the first question Patricia, as I am not sure why you get the Google.es message.

Are these books you are downloading from the Kindle Store? As you would not normally get that message, or from somewhere else? and if so where?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Richard, please explain when I go to Amazon to buy a book I want to download I do not want it sent to me in Spain, it asks me to verify my address but there is nowhere on that page to download so that I can get it on my Kindle. What am I doing wrong?

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, thanks

The problem is that it detects your in Spain and will always redirect you there, you are not doing anything wrong, it is an automated feature which is incredible irritating and not possible to switch off.

But, you can purchase the book via your computer, it should keep you on the UK store and allow this.

Then transfer the book to your Kindle via these instructions.

Click Me To View

Can you do this please and let me know if you have any difficulties please

Thank you
Richard, Android Specialist
Experience: Android Systems Specialist
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I will try tomorrow but please confirm I have made a one off payment only. I cannot afford monthly payments.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
You only made the payment you initially deposited.

If you did not sign up to the monthly subscription, there is no monthly payments Patricia.

Let me know how you go, and please remember to rate my service

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I pressed the free button but now find I have a plan which I wish to unsubscribe but I cannot, following the instructions,find an edit link to turn off status

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Did you follow these instructions Patricia?

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I understood you sent me a message saying I had unsubscribed last evening. I do not know what Home page I am looking for?

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
If this message came from the site, then you are not part of the monthly payment Patricia.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Confirm it was in red writing and said I was unsubscribed please

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, then you were Patricia