Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

How can i get my samsung galaxy s2 to connect to kies? It

How can i get my samsung galaxy s2 to connect to kies? It doesnt recognise its plugged in
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please which version of windows you are running?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm running windows 7

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Lucy

If you plug it into a different USB port on the computer, is it then recognised?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no i have tried all four usb ports and none of them recognise the phone. it makes a noise like its connecting then disconnecting

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

On the Samsung, leave it connected to the computer, then go to

Settings, Applications, and look under ALL for GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK

Press it and press CLEAR DATA

Wait 4 minutes and tell me please if it then connects please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it's still not connecting

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, disconnect the phone from the computer please

Then on the phone, go to Settings -> Applications ->Development -> USB debugging

Turn USB Debugging on

Then connect the phone and tell me if it is connecting please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nope, still not connecting

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have turned USB debugging on but it's still not connecting

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I want to see if the issue is the computer or the phone

Do you have another computer to connect the phone to as a test?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, I'll try it with my old laptop

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Lucy

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, it's not recognising the phone either

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then it is the phone thats the issue.

We need to reinstall the firmware, but this will delete all data on the phone, so before we do this, is there anything you need to backup? And if so which data Lucy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have messages, photos etc on the phone that i would need to back up, but don't know how to do this as I can't back up to Kies

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok,

Download the free app called Dropbox.

Make an account when you run the App and then upload your photos.

For the Messages, use the APP SMS Backup + which will back these up to your Gmail account.

Let me know when you have done this please.

Richard, Android Specialist
Experience: Android Systems Specialist