Nick H.
Nick H. , Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

My Samsung Galaxy, when turned on, it get stuck at Samsung

My Samsung Galaxy, when turned on, it get stuck at Samsung logo. FYI, my phone has had problem with limited memory storage (<20MB); hence, always have alert pop up for that. Yesterday, I was not able to use Internet as whenever i click it, it will appear to load then stop. This morning, I tried to power on but it just stuck at Samsung logo. I went to recovery mode and did reboot but to no avail. Tried wipe cache partition but still have the same problem. I do not want to do factory reset as I have important data in my phone.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

I am sorry that your phone is not working. It seems that your phone's software is corrupted. You already did reboot and clear cache but still cannot get the phone to boot normally.

Please try to remove the battery from phone for 5 minutes. Put battery back and see if the phone will boot normally. If still not working, that means Factory Reset is the only option here.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its still the same problem after removing the battery for 5 min. Besides factory reset, is there any other way? How about use of custom OS? I do not know what is this but as long as I can access my data and download them to my PC, then I am ok with that. Then I can perform factory reset.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Chen.

If you use custom OS, your info on the phone will still be wiped out. Because the phone is not even boot up, we cannot use software to extract the files out. However, the photos, videos, and files on SD card should be still there if they were on the SD card.

No other way around this as the phone cannot boot.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did not store these files on external SD card. They should be stored in /user directory in phone internal memory. Wondering if there is any other way to extract them out? What does custom OS does if I proceed?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Chen,

There are way to extract files. However, you cannot extract them if the phone not boot up. The phone right now is stuck at the booting process.

Custom OS will just erase all data and install their OS files to your phone. This is almost the same as format and install Windows OS or Mac OS on your computer.

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Frown.. so there is not other way?

Will it be useful to bring this to Samsung support center to see if they have any alternative solution? any idea if they have any?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Chen,

That I am not sure off. They might have commercial equipments that can do that very thing. However, it might cost you money. Let me go find the phone number in your country. Based on your info, you are in Singapore correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I base in Singapore. If spending fair amount of money can retrieve them then I am ok with that.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Chen,

Samsung Support number is 1800-SAMSUNG (726 7864) 8:30am-6:00pm. Please call them and tell your phone issue. See if they can get your phone sent in and retrieve the data.

Or you can CLICK HERE and click Live Chat. Chat with a representative and ask them about data recovery.

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I hope they have solution for this.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
You are welcomed Chen. I hope so too.

Please save this page to your Favorites / Bookmarks. Come back if you need any assistance.

Nick