Nick H.
Nick H. , Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

I bought a kindle for someone who does not live with me. Can

I bought a kindle for someone who does not live with me. Can I set it up in my own home for where the kindle is going in another city?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

Does that person have his/her own Amazon account?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Jean,

If that person does not have his/her own Amazon account, yes you can setup with your Account and register the Kindle. Download books and apps to let this person use. If your Kindle is Kindle Fire, you can go to Settings->Device->Parental control and setup a password. So if this person buy any books or apps, it will ask for password XXXXX do so.

Note: If this person buy any books or apps, your account will be charged.

Otherwise, it is best to get another account for this person so he/she can download free apps/books to use with the Kindle.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply back to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can I set up an amazon account for this person who lives in Clearwater Fl and I am here in Panama City Fl. In other words can I set up the account here in Panama City for Clearwater?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Yes you can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not want to be charged on my account. Can I set up an account for this person here who lives in Clearwater Fl. Here meaning panama City.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Yes, you can setup another Amazon account for this person. Then use that account to register for this Kindle. And you can just give this Kindle to that person to use. As long as the apps or books are FREE, he/she can download it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank-you

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
You are welcomed.

Glad I could help out. Please rate my answer so I can get credit. Thanks and have a great day!

Nick