Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

How do I archive or export email if I lose an email account?

How do I archive or export email if I lose an email account? I'm using the stock email app and JellyBean 4.3
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please the make and model of your phone?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nexus 4 so there's no card slot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Google Nexus 4

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Actually it's LG marketed by google

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,

So to clarify Scott, the emails are on the LG

You do not have any access to your email account anymore, so you cannot send emails from the Android.

And you need to get the Emails that now only reside on the Android, off the device so you can reference them.

Is this correct? And which email account was it eg: Yahoo, Gmail?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was a corporate exchange server account.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Scott.

You are in a unique situation. The reason is you use a LG, which has no backup studio unlike Samsung, plus all Backups apps focus on SMS (text) messages, as emails are always backedup on the email server.

You also use the inbuilt app, which has no export functionality, plus no SD card to export to.

There is only one solution available, and it is labor intensive, but it is the only option, and that is to copy and paste the content of the emails to a new email (in another email account that works) and to send this to yourself.

You cannot even attach emails as attachments in the Mail App.

What you need to do, is open an email, then hold your finger down until you get the 2 selection points. Drag these so the entire message is selected, then choose copy.

Go to your other working email account on the phone, open a new window, push and hold and select Paste, then send this email to yourself.

I know you have 400+ emails, and this is going to take some time, but there is no other solution. There is no way to forward the emails directly, as there is no server to process this, or export them, nor back them up, so you need to copy and paste them to a new email.

I know this is not ideal, but it will get you the content of the emails, onto your computer (when you email them to yourself and retrieve them on the computer).

I hope this is helpful, and if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Android Specialist
Experience: Android Systems Specialist