Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist

I have some photos on my phone that are in "Auto Backup" album

I have some photos on my phone that are in "Auto Backup" album in my photos file. How do I delete? And how were these saved in this way?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the model of the LG phone please?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

4G LTE

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tom.

You can delete the photos using a File Manager App.

Go to the Google Play Store and download the free App OI File Manager.

Once downloaded, open it and navigate to the Backup Folder.

It is similar to how you copy, paste and delete files in Windows Explorer.

You can then delete the backup Album.

A tutorial on how to use OI File Manager can be found here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1S2R46cHjI

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have downloaded app but can't locate pictures I want to delete. The "pictures" file is empty.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Where exactly are you seeing this backup folder Tom?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

"Gallery" file on home page. In that file I have files with my saved photos, a file with my photo saved to sd card, a file with a"Profile Photo" and a file with the photos I want to delete. The last 2 were "auto-backedup" apparently

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then they are likely on your Google+ account

Go to Google Plus

Log in with the GMail account you used when setting up the LG.

Then on the top bar, click on photos, then navigate to the album the pic you want to remove and delete it.

This should then remove them on the phone.

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, found the photos but don't see option to delete.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
To delete Tom

Go to Photos and choose Photos from the dropdown.
Touch the checkmark to select photos.
Select the photos you want to delete by touching the checkmark associated with each photo.
Touch the trashcan icon to delete the photos.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I open the Photos file, I see the pictures in two files "Auto backup" and "Profile Photo". When I click on the auto backup file there is no way to "check" photos and send to trash.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you follow the instructions here step by step on either the computer or the phone and tell me exactly where you get stuck please Tom

Click Me

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I downloaded google +, went into photos, found the ones I wanted to delete, but no trash can icon is visible. It seems to want to share these photos, not delete them

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you press the photo once do you then see the Trash icon?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just deleted from the Google+ files but when I checked the home page "Gallery" file, they are still there. does that makes sense?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, as we need to clear the cache on this.

Go to Settings, Applications.

Look for the Gallery, press it and press Clear Data.

This does not affect your photos as it will reload them from the phone, but leave out the deleted ones.

Once you do this, they should then be removed Tom.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Gallery from the home page?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, you go to SETTINGS, Then APPLICATIONS (or Manage Applications)

There you see Gallery.

If you cannot find it, restart the phone as this can clear it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Went to settings, then "Apps" , but do not seeGallery.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It will be listed under ALL

It i there, you may be looking in the Downloads list, not the ALL list Tom.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, from the home screen, I clicked on the icon in the lower left corner, then "settings", from there I have many options divided into "wireless and networks" "device" (where i found "apps"),"personal", and "system". Is that "apps the one I click? When I do it shows 3 tabs, "Downloaded", "SD Card" and "Running" No "Gallery" file or icon appears.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you may need to scroll to the right or left to look under ALL.

Gallery will be in the list for All.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What I described was a list, there is no left or right, only up or down. Are you talking about icons on the phone home page? I'm terribly confused. If you read my description of the actions above, am I in the right place?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I cannot tell.

Do this

Tap Settings.
Tap Applications.
Tap Manage applications.

then you see the headings,

Downloaded", "SD Card" and "Running", "All"

All is to the right, which is why you need to scroll left to see it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

GOT IT!!!

:-)

But when I clicked on Gallery and tried to click cache. Nothing happened.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Good work! :) I know these devices can be confusing.

You dont, you press Gallery and press Clear Data please Tom.

It wont delete photos, just the gallery data which it recreates from the photos.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Done!! Thank you. You were very helpful. How do I disable auto backup?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
please follow the instructions here Tom to Disable it

https://support.google.com/plus/answer/1304818?hl=en

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Android Specialist
Experience: Android Systems Specialist