Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

How do I synchronize Outlook to my Samsung Galaxy S4?

Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your Android issues.

To save both of us time, please let me know what you have tried?

And what version is your Outlook? 2013, 2010, 2007, or 2003?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Office Outlook 2007 32 bit. The guys at the Sprint store did a sync with Gmail, but I don't use it much. I'd like a hard-wired application.

Thanks for your reply.

When you say that you want to sync Outlook to your phone, do you mean sync the contacts, calendars, and notes? Just want to verify.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, Contacts, Calendars especially. I'd also like to back my photo gallery up to my computer.

Thanks for your reply and info.

Please click HERE to download and install Kies. Connect your phone/tablet to computer. You will be able to backup / sync contacts, messages, calendars, photos, videos, and more.

Let me know how it worked out. Thank you!

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have followed all of the instructions. I was able to successfully download and install the Kies software, but have not been able to successfully initiate a transfer.

Thanks for your update.

Please connect your phone to your computer. Run Kies. Make sure your S4 phone is unlocked (NOT ON LOCK SCREEN). Kies should detect your phone and you can sync your contacts and messages with Outlook.

If not working, did you get any error message? If yes, please type out the EXACT error message.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Kies app recognizes my S4 as "SPH-L720". Right now, I only have it set to synchronize the calendar, but when I hit the "sync" button, nothing happens. The only warning I'm getting is "Your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via Kies". FYI, The Kies app also recognizes my device's phone number.

Thanks for your info and reply.

You can try to turn off your phone first. Press and hold Power button for 2-3 seconds. Select Turn off / Power off. Turn your phone back on. Connect to computer and run Kies. See if you can sync.

If that does not work, we can use MyPhoneExplorer app.

Please click HERE to download and install MyPhoneExplorer on your computer. On your phone, go to Play Store and download Myphoneexplorer Client app.

When done, run the app and connect your phone to computer. They should detect and you can backup your messages, contacts, and calendar.

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been successful in transferring some data. I'm going to test it a couple more times after I've spent some time cleaning up duplications resulting from repeated attempts at synchronization. Thanks for your help so far.

Excellent!

Glad it work out for you. Please rate my answer so I can get credit. Thanks and have a great day!

Nick