Cris
Cris, Technician
Experience:  3yrs. experience with Android phone and tablets.
10156100

I have a big Mac, mac laptop. I also have a android phone and

I have a big Mac, mac laptop. I also have a android phone and a android tablet. Can the android programs be shared with the mac or vice versa, can I push the android devices to the cloud and then stream them to the mac?

ITCris :

Hi

ITCris :

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

ITCris :

When you say Android programs be shared with Mac. What exactly do you mean?

Customer:

Hello, there are the android games, apps, etc. The mac has just about the same types of content. The laptop and the Big Mac are not networked together

ITCris :

OK, got it. Well first Android and Mac are two totally different platforms. One has a Apple software for computers and Android is a mobile operating system. So they are not compatible.

There is certain software available depending on which Android devices you have that can be installed on the Mac to sync your device. For contacts calendar and adding media but not apps.

Customer:

Well, that answers a big question, I am going to stay with the 2 platforms. Can I still network the two macs together, they have different. names

ITCris :

Yes, as long as both Macs on the same network or sharing the same router.

Customer:

This is a wireless network, I dont see it listed under find. Would I have to do anything special Okay, I forgot to ask, what is the name of the software

ITCris :

What Android device do you have?

Customer:

ZTE Sequent phone and the Samsung Galaxy Tab2.7

ITCris :

For your Galaxy you can download Kies software. The software allows you to sync your device with your Mac. Both if you sync contacts and calendar with Google/Gmail you may not really need to sync with your Mac.

Customer:

Can that be used for the big mac

ITCris :

Yes

Customer:

That software is already on the tab. it will pick up all the macs I have, just not the apps, info only.ee I want to be able to read and write, what i install app, ike games, would I have to install the same game on each device

ITCris :

No apps are you download on your Android device is not compatible with Macs. You cannot view apps from the device on your Mac.

Customer:

excuse the misprints, etc, my parrot wants to get on the laptop!!

ITCris :

I mentioned that earlier.

ITCris :

hahaha..no problem.

Customer:

okay, so I will use the

ITCris :

If you want to to sync your apps between your Android devices you can download a program called Helium

Customer:

Never heard of that one, thanks

ITCris :

On both the phone and tablet it is a paid app about $5. You can install the app then the app data is synced to cloud.

Customer:

great, that is only used for android?

ITCris :

That is correct. I will give you a example.

ITCris :

Let's say you have a game that does have it's own login. For instance a game called hill climbing, the game data does sync to any server. If you play it on your phone the data does say to anything but the phone. So if you now play it on your tablet your don't have the same achievements and time you put into the game. The app I recommended allows you to sync the data to Helium cloud, then on your tablet you download the app and download the data you have saved to continue where you left off.

ITCris :

I hope this helps.

Customer:

That seems easy enough, kinda like playing on the roku, playing a game then switching to the online game in the roku

ITCris :

pretty much, however anything you do on Roku saves to Roku server. That is why you can pick up where you left off online.

ITCris :

If you have no further questions selecting a positive rating is appreciated.

Customer:

that answers my questions,I will sync the droids and the macs separately

ITCris :

Excellent, glad I could assist you with your question.

Customer:

you did! I like this format alot better