Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop

I need to unlock my samsung galaxy player 5.0

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your Android issues.

Is it locked and asking for lock code or pattern? Or is it asking for Google account and password XXXXX unlock your Galaxy Player?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its asking for lock code or pattern

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael,

Do you know the lock code or the Google account that registered with your Galaxy Player?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you talking about the my gmail address?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Have you used your Gmail address on this Galaxy player to download apps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have and it'sXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael.

What you can do now is to try to unlock your Galaxy Player with any code you could think of. After about 15-20 consecutive tries, it will prompt you to enter the Google account and password. If prompted to wait, wait and enter lock code again. When you see the Too Many Patterns Entered, enter your Gmail address and password XXXXX unlock the Player. Then go to Settings to change the lock code.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that I am not getting credit until you rate my answer 3 rating or higher. You are rating my service, not site-issues or the outcome/nature of this question.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions or your issue is not resolved, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My problem still is'nt resolved,ive tried that and it just tell me to try again in 30 seconds

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your update.

Please try about 10-15 more times. If not, we will need to turn off your Galaxy Player by holding Power button for 2-3 seconds and select Turn Off / Power Off option. Turn it back on and try some more times.

If still not working, we will then have to reset your Galaxy Player back to Factory Settings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That probably what we're going to have to do because i've tried to put in codes all day and it keep telling me the same thing. I had got up to 75 unsuccessful tries earlier.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Let me get the instructions. One moment please.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Michael,

Please do the following steps:

1. Press and hold Power button for 2-3 seconds. Select Power Off.
  2. After your Player turned off, press and hold down Volume Up + Power buttons at the same time.
  3. Release Power button (still holding Volume Up) when Logo comes up.
  4. You will see the menu options. Release Volume Up.
  5. Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Home or Power button)
  6. Select Yes — delete all user data.
  7. Finally, select Reboot system now.
  8. Your Player will reboot and go through setup steps.

Please let me know if this method worked out. Thank you!

Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nick it did everything you said until it got to step 7, now it has a confirm password XXXXX

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Confirm password XXXXX? Did you get that AFTER reboot? Or before reboot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Before

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Please enter 1234 as password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It said sorry try again

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael.

Does it have characters or just number to enter?

If characters as well, enter samsung for password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

IT has both and I entered samsung anyway and it said sorry try again:if you fail one more time, you can lose data in SD card

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Michael,

That is the security code or Data security code. Did you enter one? If there is SD card on your Player, please remove it and try to reset again. If there is no SD card, please let it format and reset.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When i rebooted it,it went back to the original unlock screen

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael.

That is even after Factory Reset?

Let me do a quick research to see if we can flash the Player firmware to permanently reset the Player.

When and where did you purchase your Galaxy Player?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I purchased it Dec.2012 at BestBuy

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael.

After the reset, it should clear out the lock code. Seemed like it did not reset properly. I think it is best to call Samsung Support at 1-800-726-7864. See if they can have your Player sent in for repairs or give you a replacement Player.

Please call them and let me know how it went. Thank you!

Nick
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience: Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop