Bryan, Customer Service
Experience:  Working with HTV Evo 4G, develop android applications for personal use,

How do I unpin items to make storage space available?

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

JBryan42 :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to assist you with your issue today. At the conclusion of today's session, I ask that you please rate based on the service you receive, not based on the circumstances. You will be rating my service specifically, not the site or the circumstances. I do not receive compensation unless you rate me "OK" or better.

JBryan42 :

If you are considering rating "Bad" or "Poor", please DO NOT rate. Instead ask me to "opt out" so another expert can help you.

JBryan42 :

Are you trying to clear screen space or storage for files?

Customer:

Screen I assume

JBryan42 :

Ok, so you have too many items on the screen and you just want to clear some away. This will not affect your overall memory space, only screen real estate. Is that what you want?

JBryan42 :

If you want both to remove the icon and recover the memory space (uninstall), I can guide you through that as well.

Customer:

If I try to download This is what's happening ... If I try download ing it will say insufficient storage unin items o make storage space available

JBryan42 :

Ok. So yes, you do want the second option. You need to clear away both the icon and the memory space it uses. Can you tell me what type of tablet you have there?

Customer:

I have a Samsung galaxy 7

JBryan42 :

Alright great. One moment please.

Customer:

K

JBryan42 :

Ok, first you need to open the Market app. Then tap "My Apps" at the top of the screen. Find an app that you want to install. Tap "Uninstall". And away it goes. :)

JBryan42 :

oops ... install = uninstall

Customer:

I don't see a market app

JBryan42 :

If you want to go deeper into it, you can even "root" your tablet and have the access to uninstall programs that Samsung installed as default. Of course, root also gives you the power to destroy your tablet if your not careful.

JBryan42 :

Sorry, "Google Play" or "Play Store"

Customer:

K

JBryan42 :

Did you find it?

Customer:

Yes

JBryan42 :

Very good. Do my instructions make sense?

Customer:

Yes

JBryan42 :

Excellent! Ok, well if you run into any problems, just ask for me. Otherwise, have a great night! :)

JBryan42 :

Please note that JustAnswer/Pearl does not pay the experts anything at all. We do not earn a salary. The only way we are paid is if you rate my service as one of the top three. If this helps, please don't forget to rate my service (Excellent is most appreciated). It has been a pleasure working with you. Contact JBryan42 anytime you need help. And remember, Tips and positive feedback are ALWAYS appreciated!

Bryan, Customer Service
Experience: Working with HTV Evo 4G, develop android applications for personal use,