Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

Forgot pass word on Huawei Ascend.

Customer Question

My son forgot his pass word to a Straight Talk Huawei Ascend phone and cannot unlock it. How do I reset it?

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Do you have Google/Gmail account and pass word with your phone to unlock?

If yes, you can try to unlock 10-15 times. You should get “Too Many Patterns Entered” screen, use your Google/Gmail account and pass word unlock your phone.

If not, we will have to reset your phone. This reset will erase all data on the phone.

Would you like to proceed?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don’t have Google/gmail account. I just got him the phone a few days ago. I am ok with all data being erased.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.

Thanks.

Please do the following steps to reset your phone:

1. Remove battery out and put it back in.
  2. Press and hold down Volume Up + Call + Power buttons at the same time.
  3. Release all buttons when Logo comes up.
  4. You will see the menu options:
  5. Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)
  6. Select Yes — delete all user data.
  7. Finally, select Reboot system now.
  8. Your phone will reboot and go through setup steps.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no menu that appears that wipes/resets the data.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.

Did you remove the battery or turn off the phone and then hold the Volume Up + Call (Dial) + Power buttons?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the only options are silent mode, airplane mode, power off and restart. I tried restart and it didn’t work.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.

If you see those options, select Power off. Your phone will turn off. Wait for 1 minute.

Then press and hold Volume Up + Call + Power buttons at the same time. Release the button when you see the phone vibrates and show the logo. You should see the menu to reset your phone.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No such menu is on this phone...isn’t there a code number that I can put in? I don’t care if the data is lost, just want the phone unlocked.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.

Please try to remove the back cover and remove the battery from your phone. Put it back and hold those 3 buttons (Volume Up, Call, and Power) until the logo comes up.

This combination is correct for your phone.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It does not work for this phone. Period.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.

Can I get your phone model number? Maybe yours is different version of Ascend.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.

Please try this. Turn off your phone or remove the battery. Then press and hold Volume Up + Menu (3 line) + Power buttons at the same time. See if the Recovery Menu comes up.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, didn't work; serial number 268435462602917121.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.

On your phone, what buttons do you see? Volume Up, Volume Down, Home (house icon), Menu (3 lines), Search (Magnify glass), Back (pointing back arrow), or other?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It has a volume up/down button on left side. A power button on top. It is a touch screen phone that is locked. When I do the volume up+power button a menu appears that can control volume, airplane mode, power off, and restart.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.

When you hold the Power button and see the options, select Power off.

Is your phone off now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.

Now first locate the Volume Up, Menu (3 lines button) and Power button. Hold them for about 3-5 seconds or until your phone vibrates. Release them. Do you see a Recovery Menu now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no such menu.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.

If your phone is from Metro PCS, please click HERE to see this video to show you how to reset the phone.

If not, turn off your phone. Press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons only this time. Or click HERE to see how to reset your phone.