BeBoo
BeBoo , Customer Service
Experience:  Android programmer and system administrator for law firm utilizing Android devices
12024030

my kindle pops up Internal Service Failure There was an internal

my kindle pops up Internal Service Failure There was an internal error What do I do?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  BeBoo replied 3 years ago.

BeBoo :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to assist you with your issue today. Please note that I am in eastern time (UTC -5:00) and am generally online between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM and some evenings between 7 PM and 11 PM.

BeBoo :

Sadly, when you get an error like this, you'll need to format the device and restore it back to factory. Unfortunately, you will lose any personal documents on your device, Internet bookmarks, memorized WiFi networks and you will have to register your device again.

BeBoo :

Are you ok with this?

Customer:

no, I purchased my Kindle Fire HD in Oct of 2012 Can I send it back for a replacement? I dont know how to format& restore it back to factory or how to register it again. My friend that set it is in Fla for the winter.

BeBoo :

I don't think Amazon will send you a replacement as this is something that you can do yourself. It is very easy, I promise.

Customer:

Can you give me step by step instructions?

Customer:

HELLO! Are you still with Me?

BeBoo :

I am, just compiling the instructions for you. Just a min.

Customer:

ok

BeBoo :

Ok, so just to be sure, you are able to use the Kindle for about a minute before you get this error, correct?

Customer:

maybe

BeBoo :

Ok, let's give this a shot. Restart the Kindle. As soon as you get it running again, tap the gear in the top right then select More. Tap Device, then Reset to Factory Defaults.

BeBoo :

It will restore itself. When it comes back up, follow the on-screen instructions and sign into your Amazon account when asked.

Customer:

I cant find the gear!

BeBoo :

It should be in the top right of the screen.

BeBoo :

Settings

Customer:

I give up! Ill wait until I get someone over that is more comprehensive of this than I am (or my 6 yr old g_daughter) Sorry to bother you tonight. I will get back with you at a later date. Thanks for your time tonight! :)