Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist

Metro PCS LG Motion will not turn on screen turned blue and

Customer Question

Metro PCS LG Motion will not turn on screen turned blue and now it will not even power up, HELP!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  hollyw00dpc replied 1 year ago.

hollyw00dpc :

Hi, please shut the phone off completely and remove the battery for 5 seconds. Replace battery and try turning phone back on. Please let me know what happens.

Customer :

Did that the phone still will not turn on

Customer :

hello

hollyw00dpc :

Could you tell me what happened immediately before the screen turned blue, i.e. it dropped or got wet? Don't worry, I don't work for your phone company, I am just trying to help you fix the phone.

Customer :

Nothing it was sitting on the bed next to me, plugged into charger and it was fully charged

Customer :

I have only had it 2 weeks

hollyw00dpc :

Ok. No problem. Since it wasn't dropped or wet, it could be a battery issue. One thing to try would be to remove the battery and then plug the charger in to the phone and see if it will power on that way.

Customer :

tried that nothing still

Customer :

very frustrated and no phone

Customer :

and 60 miles from nearest Metro PCS store

hollyw00dpc :

Ok, try removing the sim card and replacing it, if there is an SD card, remove that for now and try turning on the phone with only the sim card in.

hollyw00dpc :

Also, you can put the battery back in.

hollyw00dpc :

If it still won't turn on, pres and hold the power button and the (volume down) button until the phone turns on.

Customer :

nothing nothing nothing...........both volume buttons

Customer :

still nothing

Customer :

yes I did the volume down button

hollyw00dpc :

Ok I am very sorry, the battery could be defective. If you know where to borrow a battery from an identical phone, you could try that, otherwise unfortunately you may need to have Metro PCS replace/repair.

Customer :

ok thanks......I don't have another battery

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Richard, I will do whatever I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions!

Remove the battery and hold the power button for 30 seconds

Release, put the battery back and connect the charger

Wait 5 minutes

than turn it on

Let me know the results please