Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist

How do I unlock my android tablet - marquis

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions!

Can you tell me the exact lock message it is giving please?

And to clarify, you did not set this lock? It just appeared one day?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no message. That is part of the problem. When I press the lock an open lock comes up but nothing happens when pressed. I received this product yesterday so it did not appear one day. It appeared the ONE day I have had it. I did not knowingly set the lock.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

It appears the device has been used before... We will Factory Reset it so it is brand new as you should have received it.

Can you please do the following

Power off the device completely. You can do this by holding the power button down for 30 seconds.

With the device powered off, hold down the Volume Down key.

Now hold down the power key.

Release all the keys when the screen comes on.

When you see the Android System Recovery menu, press Volume Down to scroll to Wipe Data/Factory reset.

Tap the Menu key.

Press Volume Down to scroll to Yes -- Delete all user data.

Press the Menu key.

Once the wipe is complete, press Volume Down to scroll to Wipe cache parition.

Press the menu key.

When the wipe is complete tap the Menu key to select Reboot system now.

The device should than be reset to "out of the box" and you will need to set it up

Please let me know if you experience any difficulties.

And please remember to Rate My Service

Thank you
Richard, Android Specialist
Experience: Android Systems Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i am not allowed on the next screen. I am rating service as execellent.