Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop

My Samsung Galaxy S2 keeps turning on without me touching it

My Samsung Galaxy S2 keeps turning on without me touching it and then goes to the tap and speak section even when I am using it.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your Android issues.

When did you have this problem on your phone?

And what do you mean by goes to the tap and speak section? Do you mean the microphone which it will type what you speak?

Did you install any apps or update your phone's software BEFORE this problem started?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The problem start yesterday by itself with no updates on my phone made. I have not set up the microphone and it goes to the section to set it up.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your update.

Please do a quick reset on your phone as follow:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Apps
  3. Select All (Look for ALL on top menu or swipe to the right to get to ALL)
  4. Select Google Text-to-Speech Engine and tap Clear Data.
  5. Go back to All and select Google Services Framework.
  6. Select Clear Data.
  7. Turn off (shut down) your phone and turn it back on.
  8. See if it will do the same in 10-15 minutes.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that I am not getting credit until you rate my answer 3 rating or higher. You are rating my service, not site-issues or the outcome/nature of this question.

Please let me know if this answer will work out. If does not work or you have any questions or concerns, PLEASE DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER YET! Reply to me by clicking on the Reply to Expert button so we can continue to work on this issue.

If my answer worked, please rate my answer GREAT SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credit for my time. Tips and bonus are VERY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is still turning on without me touching it.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

Please do another reset.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Apps
  4. Select Google Search.
  5. Select Clear Data.
  6. Turn off (shut down) your device and turn it back on.
  7. Test your issue again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It did it again it turned off then started up without me touching it and is staying on draining my battery.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

Please do another reset. Note: If your photos or videos are on internal memory, you will need to move/copy them to SD card or your computer before this internal memory temp file cleanup as they might get ERASED by this reset.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Apps
  4. Select Media Storage and tap Clear Data.
  6. Select Clear Data.
  8. Test your issue again.

Please let me know how it went. Thank you!

Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I turned the phone back on it went straight to Voice Talk again. And then turned off and turned on again without me touching it.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

Please go back to Settings->Apps->All. Select Voice Talk or Talk on the list. Tap Force Stop and Clear data. Check to see if it will do that again.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
If that does not work, you can do this to disable it.

Go to Apps. Select Voice Talk on the list. Tap Driving Mode green button. It will turn gray. Voice Talk should be disabled now.

Test to see if that worked out. Thank you!

Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

IT is still doing it.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

Did you turn off Driving Mode in Voice Talk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I do that?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
From Home screen. Go to Apps. Select Voice Talk on the list. Tap Driving Mode green button. It will turn gray. Voice Talk should be disabled now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cannot see how to do that as it isn't even set up. I would have to set it up I think to do what you want. Do you want me to do that and put it in plain steps.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

Please setup Voice Talk first. Then disable it the way I gave you. See if it will keep doing that again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Driving mode was off.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

Please turn off your phone. Turn it back on. Test to see if Voice Talk will do that again.

If still, we can uninstall it. Go to Settings->Apps->All. Select Vlingo or Voice Talk. Tap Uninstall button. Reboot your phone and test this issue again.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.

If that does not work, you can go to Play Store and download AntTek App Manager. When done, Open AntTek App Manager. Go to Apps tab. Search for Voice Talk. Tap and select Freeze or Delete (if you want to delete Voice Talk).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cannot use the internet on my phone.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
You can try to connect to Wi-Fi.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not have Wi - Fi

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

If no wifi, we can do a Factory Reset. This reset will erase all data on the phone. You need to back up and reset.

Would you like to proceed? Or do you want to wait to connect to Wi-Fi and uninstall Voice Talk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I back up to reset?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Elizabeth,

First you will need to download Kies HERE. After installed Kies, connect your phone to computer and backup your contacts, messages, photos, videos, and other files.

When done with backup, do the following steps to reset your phone:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Privacy or Backup & Reset
  3. Select Factory data reset
  4. Select Reset phone
  5. Select Erase everything
  6. Your phone will reset which will take about 2-3 minutes.
  7. Setup your phone and restore your files from Kies.
  8. Test your issue to see if it will happen again.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience: Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop