Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

My Kindle Fire HD will not connect to my PC. I have windows

My Kindle Fire HD will not connect to my PC. I have windows 7 installed.
Hi there happy to help.

Please try the following.......

Unplug the Kindle from all outside sources.

Hold the power slide/button for 20 seconds and release.

The Kindle should flash and restart.

It SHOULD come back without problems.

Let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry no change

OK, you are connected with the USB cable correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

OK, go to the START button and then to COMPUTER. Do you see the Kindle here as a drive?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Kindle is not shown as a drive, appears in printers and devices as USB 2861, no driver available \cat 28.

OK, in this case I am going to have your question transferred to computers. I have not seen this particular issue before.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thankyou, do I wait for an answer from them.

Yes, someone should respond, I sent the request to have your question posted there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Problem still not resolved.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you with your kindle fire, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Rachel

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will wait for an answer.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Rachel

Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Why do you want to connect it to your computer? What are you trying to achieve?

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There some aps that the kindle does not allow you to download direct, if you connect the kindle to the computer you drag and drop.

Was it working fine before?

Please try disabling the antivirus and firewall, then restart the computer.

If it works, please come back here and leave me a positive feedback (I will show you the rating buttons). I get credited by justanswer.com only when you leave me a good rating.

If you don't come back and don't rate me positively (Good or Excellent rating is greatly appreciated), then I won't be paid by justanswer.com at all. I don't get any salary here, I am paid only by positively rated questions. Don't forget to click Submit after you select the rating, please.

If it doesn't work, please come back as well and click "Reply to Expert" so we can continue troubleshooting. Please do NOT rate me negatively, just click "Reply to Expert" if you are NOT satisfied.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did as you instructed, but no change.

OK. I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you. You will receive an email when another expert takes your question. The new expert will see all our previous thread, so no need to explain the issue again.

Thank you
Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your Kindle issues.

Please disconnect your Kindle Fire and connect back to computer. On your Kindle Fire, do you see if there is an Android Screen and USB enable button to tap?

If yes, tap Enable USB connection, your computer should download and install the Driver automatically and see your Kindle Fire as an external drive.

Click HERE to see how it is done.

If not, click HERE to download and install the Kindle Fire HD USB driver. Unzip and run the installation/setup file.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that I am not getting credit until you rate my answer 3 rating or higher. You are rating my service, not site-issues or the outcome/nature of this question.

Please let me know if this answer will work out. If does not work or you have any questions or concerns, PLEASE DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER YET! Reply to me by clicking on the Reply to Expert button so we can continue to work on this issue.

If my answer worked, please rate my answer GREAT SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credit for my time. Tips and bonus are VERY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Kindle Fire HD now shows in Printers and devices but not on my computer. In printers and devices it says needs trouble shooting, on doing this it says driver not available for this device.

Thanks for your reply. Please disconnect your Kindle Fire from computer. Connect it back to ANOTHER USB port. On your Kindle Fire, do you see Enable USB option?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have done above, my Kindle Fire shows USB cable connected, and shows connected to low-power-charger. Kindle shown in printers and devices shows needs trouble shooting, on completion this reads driver not installed correctly.

Thanks.

Please go to Control Panel and select Device Manager. On Device Manager, do you see any items with a Yellow warning?

If not, please expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, do you see the Kindle Fire on it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I opened device manager and found yellow warnings as below,

Other devices:- MTP

USB 2861

Portable Devices:- MTP USB Device.

I expanded USB crontrolers and Kindle was not there.

Thanks.

Please right click on the Yellow warning on MTP USB Device and select Uninstall.

When done, disconnect your Kindle Fire HD.

Click HERE to download and install the Kindle Fire HD USB driver. Unzip and run the installation/setup file. Connect your Kindle Fire HD and see if it will be recognized.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No change except that I now have WinZip loaded on my computer.

When plug in USB I get the double bleep that indicates a connection but nothing else happens or shows in MY Computer. I now have to go out for an hour, sorry.

Thanks.

You will need to test your Kindle Fire HD on another computer. See if it will recognize your tablet. Make sure to enable USB connection.

If still not recognized by other computer, your Kindle Fire HD software is corrupted.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience: Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop