Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Google play store stopped working on my tablet

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name is Nick. I will assist you with your Android issues.

Please do uninstall Google Play Store as follow:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Application Manager or Apps
  3. Select All (Look for ALL on top menu or swipe to the right to get to ALL)
  4. Select Google Play Store
  5. Tap Force Stop and tap Uninstall [Updates].
  6. Turn off (shut down) your tablet and turn it back on.
  7. Go back to Google Play.
  8. Sign in if prompted. See if it will load.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that I am not getting credit until you rate my answer 3 rating or higher. You are rating my service, not site-issues or the outcome/nature of this question.

Please let me know if this answer will work out. If does not work or you have any questions or concerns, PLEASE DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER YET! Reply to me by clicking on the Reply to Expert button so we can continue to work on this issue.

If my answer worked, please rate my answer GREAT SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credit for my time. Tips and bonus are VERY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We did this already and it did not work..Has itbsomething to do with my country of living (Curacao, Newtehrlands Antilles)

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

You can always try to reset the tablet back to Factory Settings and use Google Play. This will confirm if the issue is your country or not.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Backup & Reset or Privacy
  3. Select Factory data reset
  4. Select Reset tablet
  5. Select Erase everything
  6. Your tablet will reset which will take about 3-5 minutes.
  7. Set it up again.
  8. Open Google Play and see if it will work normally.

Please let me know how it went. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It does not work

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your update. Was Google Play working when you first got your tablet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

If it was working, then it should work after the Factory Reset.

Did you get any error message? Or it will not load?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Error message [DF-DFERH-01]

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

Please go back to Settings and Clear data and uninstall Google Play Store. Reboot your tablet. Make sure your tablet connect to internet. Wait for 5 minutes. Go back to Google Play and see if it will load.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where cab I find clear data after settings

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Go to Settings. Select Application Manager or Apps. Swipe to All. You will see Google Play Store. Clear data and Uninstall.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wehavefound the dcorrect screen , cleared data and donot find Uninstall. We have a dutch version...can it be"forced Stop" and ordelete updates?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think I got nthe app removed by deleting updates ans the data and the stop.It was gone from the aqpps list.I will wait now after switchingnof

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

After rebootig the app did not load

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you still there? would it be advisable to downloada new version of Play store. If so which one

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have to leave you now for an appointment.

So far no answer and thus no credits.

If you find a solution just mail itand I will continue tomorrow

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

Were you seeing Market or Google Play?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hallo,

Here we are again.

The status is as follows:

- no google play available, no market (only search,+,maps)

- play store as een app is still in the list of apps but as "stopped"It appears to me that it cannot be removed. When starting it uo again the same error message appears.

Cannot we download Google play and or another version of Playstore for androids?

Thx for helping by the way

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alie.

Please do the following steps to download and install Google Play:

1. You will need to download the Google Play apk. Click HERE to download.
  2. Copy the Google Play apk file to SD card or connect your tablet to computer and copy to tablet. Or download straight on the tablet.
  3. On your tablet, go to Settings->Security. Check Unknown Sources box so you can install this Google Play apk.
  4. Use My Files app or any File Manager app to locate and open/install Google Play apk. If you do not have, download ES File Manager app on Appstore.
  5. When done, you will have Google Play app and use it to download/install your apps and games.
  6. See if Google Play will run or will still not working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried to download directly on the tablet. Error message "missing-key-pair-Id parameter"

I downloaded on this PC from your link, I put it on the desktop, I copied it to the tablet in "my files" It does not show in äpplications"and when touched it appears to want to replace the application. So nothing works

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your update. Please reset your tablet back to Factory Settings and test again. I will reopen your question to all experts for other suggestions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I still think it has somethingbto do with my country where I live

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

I will open your question to all experts to see if they have way to change the country.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Richard, I will do whatever I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions!

It is the country.

Make sure your country is Netherlands Antillies on your GMail account.

Than try and let me know please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cannot find the place where i can change my country

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, than best to make a new gmail account for use

create one at www.gmail.com

Than on your device, go to Accounts & Synch

Remove the existing GMail account and use this one.

Than go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications

Look for Google Play Store, press it and choose Clear Data

Restart your device and test

Please let me know the results
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In the end I will try this, but I do not understand why you people do not answer the questions I have asked. You give an advise, I ask where to things and then somebody comes up with a new possibility without entering the question. This does not give much confidence.But after two days we will try this

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I just took over your question

What questions did you have that were not answered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

12/05 2:53 No commenton error message

3:09 We cannot find "uninstall"

3:38 Can we not better download a new version of Play (store)

12/06 12:18 Same queswtion

09:49 Where can I change the country

It is like trial and error

By the way: if we change our google account will we then have a different Email account as well, because that has big implications

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok these were with your previous expert, so cannot speak there

Note, that not all problems have a direct answer, patience is at times required.

Change the google account as a test, I want to see if your account is the issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am afraid to do so because my google account is linked to my gmail.So when i make a new account i have to delete the old one and that means a new email adress.

Am I right ??

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, you dont delete your old GMail

You make a new one.

Remove the old one on the phone (which you can add back later)

And use this new one please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry for my incompetence but when I create a new google account they ask for my email adress. When I use the existing adress with a new password they refuse because this adress already exists and when I make a new email adress they say the adress does not exist.
I did this on my PC. Must I try this on the tablet ??

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, on the PC

Go to www.gmail.com

Make a new account. Everything new, no details that are in your existing account.

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I made a new account on my PC. I went to "synchronise"on the tablet but I only see the old account and I do not know how to delete this anyway

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, do it this way

On the Tablet, Go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications

Press Goggle Play Store, Clear Data

Than open Google Play Store, it should ask for GMail account

Use this new one and test please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, emtied the data, opened play store and error message

[DF-DFERH-01] appeared again as always. I think I throw my tablet in the ocean.

Although it must be a google problem i think

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is your account that is the problem, and the country

Where did you buy the Tablet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that has been said before but I cannot change the country or whatever.Being Dutch I bougt and installed everything in The Netherlands and it worked perfect here on Curacao till last week'We tried to install spotify and copied (apart from spotify) some music from this PC (XP) to the tablet. That worked OK but the next morning Google play store did not work

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I am dutch too :)

When you made the new account we just did, what was the country you set?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Curacao

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
are you connecting wifi or via cell provider for internet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wi Fi

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, connect the device to your computer

On your computer, go here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.telemarks.xperialed&hl=en

Install via your computer to the device, what happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A sreen comes up with Google play and the message "there was an error,try again later". In other words google play does not work.

To be correct I copied and pasted your line

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
is this when you went to the page, or try to install the app?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when i went to the page.

Reading about the error some very complicted articles. it appears to me that there is a constraint between the place I am now and the registered country when I installed Play store and/or the google account. Rhere is some check some where I think (although I am no expert)

Should I reset the tablet and write Netherlands while installing and make a new mail account with Holland as well ?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
no, make it Curacao on the Tablet, as it detects which country you are in when connecting

Use the gmail account Curacao that you made

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It appeared that I cannot make Curacao as my country on the tablet. I was mistaken : they asked for the language (Nederlands)

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Set the language to English and try please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am restarting now...at the question "allow googles location service"and üse my locatio for other services"should I allow or not

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Do not allow please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In settings I have disabled them as well as Wifi to be used for location services Play store nor responding

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Error message or it freezes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

error message

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications

Go to Google Play Store

Is there a button to uninstall updates?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes , I used it several times already.Although ther is nothing like "manage applications" I can

- force st-

- uninstall updates

-clear data

- clear cache

and "clear defaults"is not high lighted

I will wait to press any button

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Force Stop

Than uninstall updates

Clear Data and clear cache

Restart the Tablet and test the Play Store please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I only restarted and the same error came. I noticed that the number of data and cache came back up the same.

Shall I use back up and reset without backing up "my data"and without "automatic restore" and then "factory reset"maybe

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, it is not the tablet

It is something with your account and being there.

Did you make a separate question about this a week or two ago?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, it just happened last week thursday. I do agree that it is something with the location. That is why I asked to disable the locationsevices also via Wifi.

I can completely disable play store (I founded out) and may be do the factory restore without the mentioned items.

Like I said, if it does not work it is $500 down the drain

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I am serious about this, but I had also a nederlander in Antilles with zelfde problem last week

In the end we had to get him to make a VPN to nederlands to get it working.

For you, we have really been through everything. Do you have a work VPN back to holland there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If you explain VPN to me as a dutchman and I started these conversations with your company on saturday 5th

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it is not you.

If VPN does not ring a bell, you wont have it.

Do you have any other Android devices there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still again what is it short for ( virtual.....) and we donot have other devices.

What will happen if I perform the suggested procedure

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Virtual Private Network

IT is a LAN network over the internet so I and you could be on the same network

You need infrastructure setup for this and the cost would be the same as a new device

I was hoping you already had it

In all honesty, I don't see this solved. Like I mentioned, my last customer we had to use his VPN

I can Opt out if you like, and maybe someone has an idea that we have not tried

Let me know if you would like me to do that please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is all very disappointing. I have seen that I can set up a VPN but I do not understand why yhe costs will be that high. Can I connect to a private person or must I choose a dutch provider for that. Can I do that from here or from Holland.

Leave the issue open please after responding this last question.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You will need a wireless device to connect the Tablet to (another router).

You also need a VPN server in Holland (a windows server or VPN Gateway)

Tell me if this can be organised, and I can explain the way to set it up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is it just the router to be extra or the provider here ?? Can I use the same line ??

The rest I have to contact Holland for and they are away from work now

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
if you have a laptop, we might be able to get it to work.

I am offline now, but see if you can get a windows server with a public ip in nederlands and let me know tomorrow please (I am NL time)

I can than send instructions

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks also It will take some time

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem, let me know please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

To Richieme,

I have consulted a local expert, who has consulted Google. Google admits there is a bug in their systeems and they expect it to be repaired in a few weeks. True or false ??

So VPN is not necessary.

Also inform your collegue "SVITExperts" that advising to reset the factory settings should be done after making a back-up. If done so the apps downloaded by myself (like Skype) would not have been lost and all the commotion would not have ben there because I could have used my apps after resetting the back-up and what remained was that I would not be able to download new apps, which was the last of my problems.

Despite of your personal good attempts I am quite disappointed by the way this issue is handled by the "experts".

Best regards

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Cannot comment on Googles response, but triple their time frame, my experience in the past

Sorry though, are you dissapointed with me? Or the previous expert?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Like I wrote esspecially in SVITExperts inI appreciate yout efforts but halas no results and I am the type of "no cure no pay"Sorry

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
sure, although you know the problem and I gave you the solution you need, if you feel you need a cure, instead of paying for a service, no problem.....

But you of course know you already paid your deposit...

anyway, Dag en veel success
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I pay for a solution and not for a service.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, dag meneer!