BeBoo
BeBoo, Customer Service
Experience:  Android programmer and system administrator for law firm utilizing Android devices
12024030

HOW DI I REMOVE WIDGETS FROM MY LG840G SCREEN

BeBoo :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to assist you with your issue today. Please note that I am in eastern time (UTC -5:00) and am generally online between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM and some evenings between 7 PM and 11 PM.

BeBoo :

To remove icons or widgets, tap and hold on the widget, you'll see a trash can icon appear. Drag to that icon and let go. It should remove it.

Customer:

IT DID NOT WORK NO TRASH CAN APPERED

BeBoo :

Ok, are you able to drag it around if you tap and hold on it?

Customer:

Yes

BeBoo :

Ok, do you notice anything else change on the screen? The app icon should change into a trash can

BeBoo :

The icon that looks like a 4x4 grid of dots.

Customer:

Yes I see the 4 dots and can drag the clock up or down but when i press the dots nothing happens

BeBoo :

Ok, it should have changed to a trashcan

Customer:

It Did Not

BeBoo :

Do you have multiple screens?

Customer:

Yes

BeBoo :

Ok, just checking. Do you see "Delete" appear at the top, maybe?

Customer:

No

BeBoo :

Sorry but I am out of ideas at the moment. I will opt out to allow another expert to assist you.

BeBoo, Customer Service
Experience: Android programmer and system administrator for law firm utilizing Android devices
Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com,

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your Android issues.

What Android OS is your phone running on? You can check by going to Settings->About phone->Software info.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

V10b

Thanks.

That is not what I am looking for. Please try again. Go to Settings->About phone. Is it running OS 2.x or 3.x or 4.x?

When you tap and hold the widget, do you see a Trash Can or Remove appear?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when i go to settings and choose phone info it does not tellme what it is running on. when i tap the widget i see no trash can

Thanks.

On your phone Home screen, tap and hold an app shortcut. Do you see the Trash Can or Remove come up?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Thanks for your info.

Seems like your phone is unstable.

First please do a quick reset on your phone. Note: If your photos or videos are on internal memory, you will need to move/copy them to SD card or your computer before this internal memory temp file cleanup as they might get ERASED by this reset.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Applications ->Manage Applications or Apps
  3. Select All (Look for ALL on top menu or swipe to the right to get to ALL)
  4. Select Media Storage and tap Clear Data.
  5. Go back to All and select Google Services Framework.
  6. Select Clear Data.
  7. Turn off (shut down) your device and turn it back on.
  8. Test your issue to see if you can remove/delete widgets/shortcut on your phone.

Please let me know if this answer will work out. If does not work or you have any questions or concerns, PLEASE DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER YET! Reply to me by clicking on the Reply to Expert button so we can continue to work on this issue.

Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when i go to settings i have the following choices display, phone, call,and touch.I get nothing about applications and it does give m a choice to delete anythinf

Thanks for your info.

Your phone might not running Android. Let me reopen your question to all experts for other suggestions. Once an expert replies, you will get email notifications from JustAnswer.com.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I Got it. I went in to phone and hit reset and it removed the widgets

Thats great! Glad you could remove them. Have a great day!