Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have locked out myself of my Samsung Galaxy s3, I used a

I have locked out myself of my Samsung Galaxy s3, I used a letters password XXXXX configured it to swap my fingers over the keyboard and forgot that it was signle letters instead of three letter keys together for example "abc". Please help
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 1 year ago.
Welcome!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Before we start, please let me explain how this service works:
Electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

When you are satisfied or your problem has been solved, please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

•ANSWER•

There are two ways to unlock your phone:

1. Solution

Enter the unlock pattern until you are prompted with forgot password (forgot pattern in some handsets) at the bottom right side of the screen. Tap on the Forgot Password XXXXX and you would be prompted to sign in with the existing Google account information. You need to provide the ID when you first register or activated your phone. If you have that, it would be easy to get in for you and then change the unlock pattern.

2. Solution

If you don't know your Google account information or your phone doesn't recognize it, the only way to unlock your phone will be to perform factory/hard reset of the phone.

Performing a hard reset will DELETE ALL DATA and reset the phone back to the state before you turned on the phone for the first time. Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your SD memory card, such as music or photos.

To perform factory/hard reset please follow those steps:
1. Turn the power off. Remove and replace battery.
2. Press and Hold the Volume Up, Home and Power button.
3. When the start up screen show, release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset"
5. Select "wipe data/factory reset"
6. Select "Yes -- delete all user data"
* Allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to complete.
7. Select "reboot system now"
* Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

Please note that this procedure require some practice. Check the video below please - click here

If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i don't think you have quite understood me...it an all letters password, which i placed using the "qwerty" keyboard but, i used the keyboard with the 3 letters on on key for example: "abc" and so on...my password XXXXX "pqzpl" as you may know with the 3 letter keys i am not able to do that....thanks

Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 1 year ago.
Hi Glen,

Thank you for the reply and sorry for misunderstanding.

Let me open your question, so other Professional can try to assist you. As soon as another Professional is available he will contact you. You will receive an email notification when an Professional replies to you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Can you do one thing please.

Hold your finger down on the box where the passcode is entered into.

You should get a menu, with an option to select the input method.

Choose the Samsung Keyboard and this should bring up the normal keyboard with letters so you can enter your code.

Please let me know if you continue to have difficulties.

Thank you
Richard, Android Specialist
Experience: Android Systems Specialist