Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop

My Samsung Galaxy Proclaim will not turn on. It worked fine

My Samsung Galaxy Proclaim will not turn on. It worked fine 2 hours ago but now is dead and I just took it off the charger! HELP!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com,

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your Android issues.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that I am not getting credit until you rate my answer 3 rating or higher. You are rating my service, not site-issues or the outcome/nature of this question.

I am sorry that your phone is not working. Please remove battery. Wait for 5 minutes. Put it back and connect phone charger. Check to see if the charging light comes on or not.

Press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time for 10-15 seconds. Your phone should reboot.

If your phone still does not boot up, when and where did you purchase your phone?

Please let me know if this answer will work out. If does not work or you have any questions or concerns, PLEASE DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER YET! Reply to me by clicking on the Reply to Expert button so we can continue to work on this issue.

Thank you!

Nick
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience: Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no charging light on my phone or on the charger. And yes, it is the charger it came with.

The phone did not reboot. Puchased phone at Walmart on Nov. 29th, 2012.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your info.

Do you have the USB cable to connect your phone to computer? If yes, please connect your phone to computer and see if the phone will charge.

If not USB cable, you will need to bring your phone to Walmart so they can test your phone with another charging cable or another battery. Most likely, the battery might be faulty. However, it also could be the charger or the phone's power module failed.

So in order to determine this issue, we will need to test with another charger and another battery. If another charger does not work, you might ask Walmart for an exchange.

Please do so and let me know how it went. Thank you!

Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried 2 other chargers one in my car and one on the computer. Nothing. Still won't turn on.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your info.

That means either the battery faulted (which is most likely the case here) or the phone itself has power issue.

I recommend you to bring your phone back to Walmart and ask for another battery if they have it and test it with your phone. If they do not have one, ask for a replacement phone since you bought it less than 30 days. It should be no problem doing so.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Come back and ask me if you have any follow-up questions.

Thank you!

Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks...will try Walmart.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
You are welcomed. Hope to hear back from you.