Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

Samsung Galaxy S3 going into Safe Mode - How to Fix This?

My Samsung Galaxy S3 went into safe mode, how do i fix this, i have taken battery out, restarted, shut off, took battery out, but still in safe mode, have removed applications also.

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com,

Please turn on your phone. Once it is go into Safe Mode at Home screen, press and hold the Power button for 2-3 seconds. Select Shutdown. Let your phone turns off. Wait for 1 minute. Press Power until you see the Samsung logo. Release the Power button and your phone should boot normally.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no it is still in safe mode, bottom does not work, but if i go on screen and scroll to things ie phone, i can use them, but would like safe mode removed, so i can use the 4 items on bottom of screen

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your update.

Please do this reset and reboot your phone:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Apps->All (Look for ALL on top menu or swipe to the right to get to ALL)
  3. Select Google Services Framework and tap Clear Data.
  4. Turn off (shut down) your phone and turn it back on.
  5. See if the phone will be out of Safe Mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This still did not work!!!!

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

How unlock the phone so you will see Home Screen in Safe Mode. Press and hold Power button for 2-3 seconds. Select RESTART option. Let your phone reboot and your phone should be out of Safe Mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is crazy it is still in safe mode. very discouraging.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for update.

That is really weird. All those methods should take the phone out of Safe Mode.

Please remove the battery out for 5 minutes. Put it back and turn on your phone. If the phone is still in Safe Mode, unlock and wait 30 seconds. Press and hold Power button for 2-3 seconds and select Restart option. Let your phone reboot. See if it will be out of Safe Mode or still the same.

If still the same, press and hold the Power button and select Shutdown. Wait for 1 minute. Do this Hard Reboot as follow:

1. Remove battery and put it back right away.
  2. Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
  3. Release all buttons when Logo comes up.
  4. You will see the menu options:
  5. Select Reboot system now. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Home or Power button)
  6. Your phone will reboot. Check to see if it will be out of Safe Mode or still the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its still the same, am giving up and will take it to store in the afternoon and get them to do something with it.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

Before going, please click HERE to see a video to show you how to get in and out of Safe Mode.

Let me know how it went. Thank you!
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience: Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It didnt help so thank you for your help, will take my phone in today and see if they can help me....am not very happy.....but not much i can do....will let you know later today if they are able to take it out of safe mode.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Sure. Hope to hear from you. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Well I took my phone back to where I bought it, and what they had to do was undo the latest update, (Ice Cream, whatever that is) and then do update again.

My phone now is back to original state, and working like before.

Thank you for being there and trying... I personally will not be doing updates again, if they are required will take it to an expert to do for me.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.

Excellent!

So it was a bad upgrade. That was why we did all the ways to get out of safe mode but could not.

I am glad that your phone is working again. Have a great day!