Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I forgot my pass word on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 7.0.

I forgot my pass word to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Unfortunately, if you forgot the pass word to the Samsung Tablet, it will need a complete reset to get back in, but its not as bad as it sounds.

As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again as long as you sign in with the same Google/Gmail account (as long as they were synced previously). Any apps you have paid for, you can get back after you reset the device by opening the Play Store, pressing Menu on the phone and choosing "My Apps".

As far as any data that is stored on the SD Card (images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.

To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions:

1. Power the device off.

2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key simultaneously to power on the device.

3. Release the Volume Up key and the Power key when the Samsung logo displays on the screen.

4. Use the Volume keys to select Recovery Console then press the Power key.

5. From the Recovery Console screen, use the Volume keys to select Wipe Data/Factory Reset then press the Power key.

6. Use the Volume keys to select Yes then press the Power key.

7. Once the Wipe Data / Factory Reset has completed, use the Volume keys to select Reboot System Now then press the Power key.

8. After a Wipe Data / Factory Reset has been performed, the device will need to go back through the activation and setup process.

Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience: Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team