Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric , Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

having trouble downloading apps on play store and the app wont

Customer Question

having trouble downloading apps on play store and the app wont pop up and or open
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Answers by Eric replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Eric, I will do whatever I can to answer your questions

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
!

Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or your Android device.

When you say "the app wont pop up or open", which app specifically? Does the Play Store app itself not open?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
nah i downloaded facebook but it wont come up. i also downloaded other apps of the samsung store and they also wont come up
Ok Simon, when you open the Play Store and tap on the Install button for the app you want, what happens? Does it not say "installing" and then "installed"?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
when i open the play store and go to facebook and look at the top it say uninstall on right hand side but there is nothing to press on left hand side where the open button should be?
Then what happens when you try and open the Facebook app from its own FB icon on your tablet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
theres no icon on the tablet no downloaded apps come up on the app part of the phone
Are you opening your app drawer? Or are you just looking on your home screens.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
opening apps at bottom right of screen and looking but none of the downloaded ups come up.
Open the Play Store app and press the menu button on the app and choose Settings. There is an option called "Auto Add Widgets". Is it enabled?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yea it is on as well as notifications, auto ad apps, auto add widgets, and google admob aps
Ok, follow these steps and it should resolve the issue. If for any reason it doesnt, let me know

Register Here
.

1. Open the Settings App
  2. Choose Apps (applications)
  3. Tap on the All Tab at the top
  4. Locate and tap on the Play Store app
  5. Tap on the Clear Data button (your devices data will not be deleted, only the data in this app)
  6. Tap on the OK button to confirm.
  7. Reboot the device