Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop

My Samsung Galaxy S3 wont turn on. When I charge it, it shows

My Samsung Galaxy S3 wont turn on. When I charge it, it shows the battery on the screen, but the power botton won't work. What can I do to switch the phone back on?
Hi and welcomed to,

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your Android issues.

Please remove the battery and put it back.

Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds.

Do you see any displays come up?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I did that before and it didn't work

So if you connect the Power charger, the phone will show battery is charging?

This means the buttons are faulty.

Was the phone dropped?

Where and when did you purchase your phone?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I did not drop it. I purchased the phone at a T - Mobile store in Brooklyn, about 3 or 4 months ago. When I charge it, it does show like it's charging. Is there another way to turn this phone on?

Thanks Inna,

If the Power button is faulty, it will need to be repaired. Without the Power button, there is no other way to turn the phone on.

You can go back to the T-mobile store and ask them to repair your phone or get a replacement phone. If they refuse, you should call Samsung Support directly to send your phone in for repairs. It would take about 7-10 business days.

Samsung Support direct line: 1-888-987-4357

Hours: Mon - Fri : 7am - 9pm (CST) Sat : 9am - 6pm (CST)

IMPORTANT: Please remember that I am not getting credit until you rate my answer 3 rating or higher. You are rating my service, not site-issues or the outcome/nature of this question.

Please let me know if this answer will work out or you have any questions or concerns. If not, PLEASE DO NOT RATE YET! Reply to me by clicking on the Reply to Expert button so we can continue to work on this issue.