Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I forgot my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 Password

I forgot my password   for my Samsung Galaxy S2 through T-Mobile. How do I bypass it?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Did you forget the password ***** access or login to your phone?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I locked my phone so my kids can't get into it, but I woke up in the middle of the night and I think I changed it.

If it is locked, then you can unlock it with your Gmail account. Have you tried that?

If you can't unlock it, then you have to factory reset it. That is the only way since it is locked. Do you want to do that?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The thing is I tried 60 times and it's not giving me the option to unlock it with Gmail. So I think I have to factory reset it, which kinda stinks if I have to. What do you think?

If the Gmail option doesn't work, then you have to Factory Reset it. That is the only way to get access to your phone, and there is no way to override the password. The Factory Reset will erase everything from phone including downloaded applications, contacts, calendars, etc. But If you've synced your phone with Gmail, then your contacts, calendars, apps can be redownloaded to your phone. Follow the steps below to reset your S2:

1. Turn off the phone and remove the battery. Wait two minutes and put it back in.
2. Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
3. Release all buttons when you see S2 Logo.
4. Android system recovery will be loaded now
5. Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Home button)
6. Select Yes — delete all user data.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, I tried that and it didn't work. I'm back to the unlock screen.

That's strange. See this Youtube video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksDiaKE6umk

Did that work?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That phone is not the same as mine. I don't have the silver metal box as my home. I have the T-Mobile one, it has the menu, home, back, and search buttons on the bottom.

Try this.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold both Volume Up and Volume Down keys at the same time.
3. Press the Power key only until the phone vibrates once, then release only the Power key.
4. Continue to hold the Volume up and Volume Down keys until the Android 5. System Recovery screen appears.
6. Press the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe Factory Data.
7. Press the Home key to select.
8. Press the Volume Down key to highlight Yes - Delete all user data.
9. Press the Home key to select.
10. Press the Home key to reboot.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Should I take my SIM card out first, or does it not matter?

No need to. It doesn't matter.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I got it thank you!