Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

Forgot my Samsung Galaxy S2 T-Mobile password

I forgot my   password   for my Samsung Galaxy S2 TMobile. How do i bypass it?

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Hi and Welcome. I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Did you forgot the password to access or login to your phone?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yeah i locked my phone so my kids dont get into it but i woke up in the middle of the night and i think i changed it

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
If it is locked, then you can unlock it with your Gmail account. Did you tried that ?

If you can't unlock it, then you have to factory reset it. That is the only way since it is locked. Do you want to do that ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the thing is i tried 60 times and its not giving me the option to unlock with gmail so i think i have to factory reset kinda stinks if i have to what do you think

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

If Gmail option doesn't worked, then you have to Factory Reset it. That is the only way to get access to your phone and there is no way to over ride the password. Factory-Reset will erase everything from phone including downloaded applications, contacts, calendars etc. But If you've synced your phone with Gmail, then your contacts, calendars, apps can be redownloaded to your phone. Follow the steps below to reset your S2

1. Turn off the phone and remove the battery. Wait 2 minutes and put it back
  2. Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
  3. Release all buttons when you see S2 Logo.
  4. Android system recovery will be loaded now
  5. Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Home button)
  6. Select Yes — delete all user data.
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience: Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok i tried that didnt work i never got the wide the date factory settings im back to the unlcok screen

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
That's strange. See this Youtube video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksDiaKE6umk

Did that work ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that phone is not the same as mine i dont have the silver metal box as my home i have for the tmobile onte it have the menu home back and serch on the bottome

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Try this.
  1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold both Volume Up and Volume Down keys at the same time.
  3. Press the Power key only until the phone vibrates once, then release only the Power key.
  4. Continue to hold the Volume up and Volume Down keys until the Android System Recovery screen appears.
  5. Press the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe Factory Data.
  6. Press the Home key to select.
  7. Press the Volume Down key to highlight Yes - Delete all user data.
  8. Press the Home key to select.
  9. Press the Home key to reboot.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

should i take my sim first or does it not matter

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
No need to. It doesn't matter.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sweet i got it thank you!!